Small Project Management Planning Template

L

LaJWa

Hello,

I have been tasked to create a small project management planning template to help streamline the amount of documents that are produced for small projects within our company. We have a local team and an international team handling things differently. The international project team regards all changes are CRs. Usually when there is a change request submitted by a client, the team will revert by a response to change which contains impact analysis, proposed schedule, price and some design specifications. Sometimes the response might be supported by additional technical specifications or technical memo. A work plan, Test logs and release notes will be prepared by the team.
The issue in that was sited by the internal auditors was that some tasks were over 80MD but were managed like change requests by breaking the task into multiple related CRs and utilizing 5%-10% of budget and suggested to develope small project mamnagement planning template and grouping several CR's into a small project. Does anyone have a template or suggestion what the small project template should consist of for an existing system?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Pudge 72

Well - I can't say that I can help much, but I have also run into the same problem. The thing is - so many of the programs available today with the features that make them efficient and friendly as it relates to Project Management are server based internet type programs. These programs are pretty nice. They allow team members to update the project, they allow you to see the project as a whole, metrics, deliverables, even newsletter type postings. The problem is - there doesn't seem to be a lot of options for us Excel / Word based people in small organizations. I have seen a couple - but, nothing that would compare to the internet based stuff. The thing that bugs me (besides not being a programmer :)) is that it seems to me someone could make a pretty good buck if they developed something along these lines for small project teams. If you get any bites here - I would also be interested in any good templates that anyone has to offer.

Top Bottom