Has anyone had any experience with Kennedy Western University?

T

Tammy N

Good afternoon everyone. Has anyone had any experience with Kennedy Western University? They offer a BS in Quality Control that offers everything that I have been looking for in a degree program. Due to time contraints, I am really interested in online degree programs, but I don't know anyone in this industry that has gone down that road and I have never seen a BS in Quality Control.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

:thanx:

Tammy

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Tammy N said:
Good afternoon everyone. Has anyone had any experience with Kennedy Western University? They offer a BS in Quality Control that offers everything that I have been looking for in a degree program. Due to time contraints, I am really interested in online degree programs, but I don't know anyone in this industry that has gone down that road and I have never seen a BS in Quality Control.

Tammy
Do a little Googling on Kennedy-Western. It's a diploma mill, apparently. On one of their web pages, instead of information about accreditation, there's this statement:
ACADEMIC INTEGRITY & GOVERNMENT REGULATORY OVERSIGHT

The true recognition of any degree comes from its acceptance by the business, professional and academic communities. Hundreds of corporations have evaluated Kennedy-Western’s programs through their personnel and employee relations departments, and have recognized the work toward the degree for advancement, salary increases and entry qualifications for new positions.

Kennedy-Western is committed and stands by its Curriculum Compatibility Guarantee.
Note that despite the impressive-sounding header, the paragraph says nothing about "government regulatory oversight." In fact, the school isn't allowed to offer its "degrees" in its home state of California.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Worse! It's an EXPENSIVE diploma mill.

As an employer, I consider folks who bother getting a degree from this kind of school to fall into one of two categories:
  1. Hopelessly clueless folks who have no concept of the difference between an accredited school and unaccredited - do I really want to hire clueless people?
  2. Folks who think employers are hopelessly clueless and can't tell the difference between an accredited school and unaccredited - do I really want to hire people who think I'm clueless?
The point being that after one or two classes, the scales should fall from the eyes of all but the two categories above and most right thinking folks would not continue on to take a degree from K-W.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Tammy N said:
Thanks for the input. I will keep looking:thanx:
Let me clarify - K-W could have individual courses which can give you knowledge; the problem is simply that most company reimbursement programs won't pay for K-W and few savvy hiring folks will give credence to a degree from an unaccredited school.

Accreditation is simple and inexpensive enough that any good school should be able to achieve it. You have to ask WHY when they don't. Most organizations would rather not waste the time to individually evaluate a school and, therefore, even good candidates from such a school are ignored.

C

Craig H.

I imagine folks get tired of me plugging it, but the Masters of Science in Quality Assurance (MSQA) program at Southern Polytechnic State University (SPSU) in Marietta GA offers an excellent program on line. You only have to visit campus twice (Saturday mornings) to complete the program.

Of course I am kind of familiar with this course of study...

:rolleyes:

A

Aaron Lupo

Tammy N said:

Tammy

Tammy-

Stay awat from KW for all the reasons that have beem mentioned. If you are looking for an on-lin program in Quality give RIT (Rochester Inst. of Tech.).

J

jmp4429

Aaron Lupo said:
Tammy-

Stay awat from KW for all the reasons that have beem mentioned. If you are looking for an on-lin program in Quality give RIT (Rochester Inst. of Tech.).

Agreed, try http://www.rit.edu. Good school, and they have a great setup for distance (online) learners. I took a few of my courses online there when the regular classes weren't at a good time for me. Also, if you need a book out of their library or to get books through interlibrary loan, they'll FedEx it to you right away, which is pretty slick.

B

BSMITH

A B.S. Program From an Accredited University

Tammy N said:

Tammy

Tammy,

I would try only regionally accredited universities; one online B.S. in Quality Assurance Program from a fully accredited university is the one from California State University, Dominguez Hills:

http://www.csudh.edu/bsqa/

Their online master's program has been around a while and has a good reputation as far as I know:

http://www.csudh.edu/msqa/

I don't know if you already have a Bachelor's Degree in another field or not, but if you do, you might want to work towards an M.S. rather than a second Bachelor's.

Brent Smith, D.P.A.

Top Bottom