Developing a Counterfeit Parts Prevention Program

P

Petervan

Greetings Covers,
I am seeking some guidance / assistance on developing a Counterfeit Parts Prevention program.

The company I work for is commencing production and supply of military (Airframe) items (non electronic) in 2013 / 2014 and there is a requirement to have this program in place.

I have looked on the net, but cannot seem to find information that guides people to develop such a program.

Does anyone out there have sources of information, or able to provide direction where I can go to for assistance?

Appreciate all feedback and help.

Peter

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Greetings Covers,
I am seeking some guidance / assistance on developing a Counterfeit Parts Prevention program.

The company I work for is commencing production and supply of military (Airframe) items (non electronic) in 2013 / 2014 and there is a requirement to have this program in place.

I have looked on the net, but cannot seem to find information that guides people to develop such a program.

Does anyone out there have sources of information, or able to provide direction where I can go to for assistance?

Peter
Hi Peter.
Do these parts have a packaging plan in the delivery to customer ?
Can you tell me that the packaging design of this can build in a Counterfeit Parts Prevention method, which will meet the Counterfeit Parts Prevention program requirement ?
If so, will Hologram work for you, and is acceptable to military ?

Last edited:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Have you considered SAE AS 5553?

http://standards.sae.org/as5553
AS 5553, AS 6081 AS 6462 and AS 6301 documents are all geared towards the mitigation of ELECTRONIC counterfeit parts. The AIA has a Special Report on Counterfeit Parts: Increasing Awareness and Developing Countermeasures. This might be useful to Peter.

G

gbcqc

One of our customers was very helpful in our development. We supply a customer who supplier the military. If you supply the military directly, then finding information may be different.

R

rafrost

Check the NRC and Department of Energy. They both have counterfeit/fraudulent detection requirements. Their documentation includes electrical, and mechanical components and subassemblies.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Greetings Covers,

Peter

Another source of reading material - GIDEP

http://www.gidep.org

Top Bottom