Hot time in the old town tonight..

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
It may not live up to "Nights Under Fire" at Summit Dragway in Norwalk, Ohio, but the rods at the North Olmsted Bakers Square were not the only thing that were hot on Thursday August 6th. Fire broke out in a wood trim area on the restaurant during the car cruise in. It occurred on a night with one of the largest attendances at the cruise this summer. The excitement was probably larger than the fire itself, with responders from four communities there to get the situation under control. Although the restaurant itself had to close, the cruise continued undaunted, right through the door prizes.

In a way, it is not surprising this occurred on a Thursday cruise night. The event has been visited upon by rain storms, snow storms and even a dust storm when they chose to demolish the old Red Lobster next door on a Thursday.

Attachments

• burnt.JPG
    burnt.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 191
  • smoke.JPG
    smoke.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 168
  • where there is smoke.JPG
    where there is smoke.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 153
  • hot ride.JPG
    hot ride.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 177

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
It may not live up to "Nights Under Fire" at Summit Dragway in Norwalk, Ohio, but the rods at the North Olmsted Bakers Square were not the only thing that were hot on Thursday August 6th. Fire broke out in a wood trim area on the restaurant during the car cruise in. It occurred on a night with one of the largest attendances at the cruise this summer. The excitement was probably larger than the fire itself, with responders from four communities there to get the situation under control. Although the restaurant itself had to close, the cruise continued undaunted, right through the door prizes.

In a way, it is not surprising this occurred on a Thursday cruise night. The event has been visited upon by rain storms, snow storms and :tg:even a dust storm when they chose to demolish the old Red Lobster next door on a Thursday.

I sincerely hope that no banana cream pie was harmed.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
I sincerely hope that no banana cream pie was harmed.

At the time of the report, no casualties were listed....however I suspect there were some pies that took a hit from smoke damage.

A moment of silence.....

R

Randy Stewart

Good ole Norwalk and Clyde OH. I still carry a nice scar under my chin from a motel swimming pool I got in Clyde!
We use to stay in either Norwalk of Clyde when we went to Cedar Pointe.

BTW, the Dream Cruise on Woodward Ave is this weekend. Anyone coming up to MI for it?

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
BTW, the Dream Cruise on Woodward Ave is this weekend. Anyone coming up to MI for it?

I wish I could - it has been a while since I cruised Woodward. For those that are into cars and trucks and have never done this - it is phenomenal! Might want to start a Woodward thread!

I will be entertaining my inner Italian at the Feast of the Assumption at Little Italy in Cleveland, Oh. on Saturday...

D

db

As slow as the cruise goes, you may end up walking it most of the way! :tg:
This Harley has a "parade mode", where I can cut out the back cylinder and run on only one lung. It runs cooler and also throttles better at low speeds.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
This Harley has a "parade mode", where I can cut out the back cylinder and run on only one lung. It runs cooler and also throttles better at low speeds.

What an awesome option! Perfect for this cruise!:tg:

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Nice little article on the Woodward Dream Cruise:
Woodward Dream Cruise

My favorite quote:

Sadly, the drivers say, today's cars just don't measure up to the wonders of old — making the cruise a bittersweet journey back to the Motor City's golden years.

"They're bellybutton cars — everybody's got one," said Bob Patrick, 74, of Warren while sitting next to his glossy red 1947 Plymouth Special Deluxe.

Top Bottom