ISO 2859 to set up a Sampling Program in a Food Manufacturing Company

D

donaldj

HI
I work for a food manufacturing company and I have been asked to set up a sampling program for on line sampling. This sampling program will be use to test food that is in the process of being manufactured and to sample the product before it is packaged. I have determined that there are four points in production which sampling must be done. The sampling will be done on food safety and quality aspects. I have been suggested to use ISO 2859 to set up the sampling program.
My problem is that I have different line speeds for different products being manufactured. Each test will take a maximum of 10 minutes to be done.
Since I am planning on doing hourly tests and the test will take 10 minutes. Question: Will line speed will determine the “LOT” to be sampled ? Should I be concern about that testing time? Since the amount of product passing by when testing will vary depending on line speed.
How can I figure out what to use for my Accept and reject number?
Any help/suggesting will be useful.
If anyone can suggest reading material on ISO 2859, it would be greatly appreciated.

Don

somashekar

Leader
Admin
If you have determined 4 points for sampling on line and also say that you are going to sample the products before packing, then there seems to be a clash.
ISO 2859 in itself is a very good reading material and clear to understand as I gather. It is about sampling procedures for inspection by attributes. If you are refering to Part I , then it is for lot by lot inspection.

You can determine a good sampling plan for lot by lot inspection of products before packing with help from Part I of ISO 2859.

S

simonganderup

The ISO 8550 will help you to understand how and which one of the ISO 2859 to use

Top Bottom