Seeking: Good, User Friendly, Cheap SPC Software for the Shop Floor

S

sue_mistry

SPC Software

Does anyone know of a good, user friendly, cheap SPC software for the shop floor?
It will be mostly used to generate control charts.

Thnx.

[This message has been edited by sue_mistry (edited 21 June 2001).]

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Sue,

I am assuming by "cheap" you mean inexpensive. We put in a system 3 years ago, after many months of research, and there are no "cheap" systems out there, especially if you want to network your system. We paid 15K just for the site license.

E-mail me if you want more details on what I am using.

CarolX

A

Al Dyer

Sue,

Could you post some more details of what you expect from the software.

-network
-Stand alone
-Operator input
-ease of use
-Interface with Excel
etc...

ASD...

F

Fire Girl

SPC Software

Hello

I am looking for some new SPC software. The stuff we are using right now is pretty archaic (an abacus and a piece of graph paper!). Since I know very little, ok nothing at all, on this subject I was hoping for some input from my good friends in the cove.

We have a small metal stamping shop. We produce small parts for automotive, electronics and maybe soon the fashion industry (the last one is a long story). Anyway, I would like to purchase some new SPC software. But before I approach management on the issue, I would like to have something to show them.

I'm not really looking to be sold anything. I am looking for people in the manufacturing field who are in love with their SPC software. It needs to be pretty idiot proof. Please tell me what you are using, the pros and cons- that kind of stuff.

Thanks muchly!
FG:)

J

Jim Biz

We found PCCTK to fit all of our needs... not as "flashy as stata-matrix" or others I've seen in Q Progress.

Process
Control
Chart
Tool
Kit

Has all the bells & whistles needed to get one on the correct path and is as you say "menu driven idiot proof" programming

Sof-Ware Tools
PO box 8751
Bosie Idaho 83707

Phone 1-208-343-1437

Web search indicated the cost at $399 but I can't be sure that is todays price.

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
FG -

We are using MeasurLink by Mitutoyo. We selected their system so we wouldn't have any hardware/software conflicts. The system is not bad, but if you are going to network the systems, you will need IT support. Additionally, I have found that Mitutoyo customer support is not on par with their competition. But all in all, I am pretty pleased with the system.

Regards,

CarolX

D

D.Scott

FG

We use an SPC program called Statimate. Very simple - very cheap - no bells - no whistles. It runs in windows, exports to excel if needed and is user friendly.

There is a full working version around here somewhere for download but if you can't find it (I couldn't with a quick look) e-mail me and I will send you the zip file.

Dave

K

KenK - 2009

I'll take another approach . . .

What do you want the SPC software to do?

-Calculate control limits?

-Generate blank charts for use by hand (with control limits included)?

-Generate SPC charts real time?

-Save the SPC data for future analyses? What format?

-What analyses would you need applied?

-Is there any need for "enterprise" software - where access to charts/data is over a network of some kind? If yes, across locations or multiple networks??

-Can charts be done on a local PC?

-How are the data to be "injected" into the software? By hand? tranferred electronically somehow?

Ken

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
spc software

Anyone have any suggestions on a good, expandable and easy to use SPC software ?

Top Bottom