Document Control Procedure Examples

J

Jaymeyus

Hello All,

I work for a distributor of industrial controls, automated solutions and integration. We have recently started down the ISO registration path and have discovered that our company is rather.......challenged with document control and supporting procedures. Does anyone have a good example of a document control procedure that encompasses drawings, BOMs, purchase orders, etc. I appreciate the help.

I would imagine everyone will be seeing quite a few postings from me. We are excited about this process but have several challenges facing us in the next few months.

Thanks for the site, its nice to have a place with this much ISO knowledge and experience. Especially to help out us rookies.:agree1:

S

Seccleston

Re: Seeking Document Control Procedure Examples

Hello All,

I reviewed the referenced post above and the 'free files' and 'post attachments' links and could not find an example of a document control procedure for external documents.

There seems to be many hundreds (if not thousands) of 'free files' available, but the search function did not return any examples with 'External' in the title.

Sorry if this is a basic question (i'm a newbie here) but is there any way to find and example of a document control system for external documents available?

Ty.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

Hello All,

I reviewed the referenced post above and the 'free files' and 'post attachments' links and could not find an example of a document control procedure for external documents.

There seems to be many hundreds (if not thousands) of 'free files' available, but the search function did not return any examples with 'External' in the title.

Sorry if this is a basic question (i'm a newbie here) but is there any way to find and example of a document control system for external documents available?

Ty.

Ty,

In my opinion, I would suggest using your existing Document Control Procedure (if you have one) and identify what you consider external documents. I would handle them the same way that I handle the Internal Documents. There should not be that much of a difference between handling documents of an External or Internal source.

S

Seccleston

Thanks for your help guys. I gleamed some good ideas from reading the many threads and posts on this and related subjects here. I found thread 12787 (i could not include the link) very interesting and choc full of good ideas.

Despite your advise above (use what you have and the 'minimalist') we will prepare our own control of external documents procedure.

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions

Hello Marc,

Happy Valentines Day !!!!
I do not know how to attach a list. But chris_gray1980 is asking for a template for Document Control Procedure. This is the space he needs to go to. Can you please send this link to him?

Regards,
Maria

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions

Marc,
Thank you. The link has been sent to Chris. But his problem is not that. There are other factors that might impact his ability to finish his Corrective Action.

Top Bottom