ASQ - Six Sigma Black Belt Certification

sgurusaran

Inactive Registered Visitor
Hello,
I am preparing for my ASQ - Six Sigma Black Belt Certification and will be taking the test in October 2009. I just got done with the CQE, results are not out yet, but wanted to get started on this. I have the QCI primer, QCI CD & ASQ question bank. My knowledge in DOE is limited and will like to improve in that area.

Are there any good sources of knowledge on the DOE that would work for beginners. Thank You

Govind

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I like the fact that you realize your improvement area and want to do something about it and not merely trying to find a quick fix to pass the CSSBB Exam.

My suggestions:

Design and Analysis of Experiments, 7th Edition
Montgomery, Douglas C is an authoritative reference in DOE.

Other easy to understand reference books are:

DOE Simplified, 2nd Edition: Practical Tools for Effective Experimentation
Mark J. Anderson and Patrick J. Whitcomb

and

Introduction to Design of Experiments: A Simplified Approach
Barrentine, Larry B.

Also http://www.statease.com/beginner.html is great free web resource.

Regards,
Govind.

A

AMITRAAJSHARMA

I used the ones recommended by Govind to sail past by ASQ SS BB 3 years back...I would'nt know latest versions though but Montgomery and Baarentine are good for starters.

Regards,
Amit Sharma

sgurusaran

Inactive Registered Visitor
Thank You for your compliments and suggestions.

I am currently studying DOE from, "Statistics for Experimenters" by Box, Hunter & Hunter. This is a good book, but I sometimes get confused with the calculation part of the DOE and also interpretation. I am trying to create real life scenarios to study more about this. It was very interesting when I was in college, but I have not had or did not create opportunities to use it. I reviewed Montgomery's 7th edition book and it seems very interesting. I have ordered it and I am sure it will help me.

Thank You

Top Bottom