Votes: 9 50.0%
  • NA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
I'd attach the pdf but it's over the size limit. Anyone that's an ASQ member can download the full report from their web site.

My comment on the means and medians... BWAHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I also quite like how much a 6s certification will increase the salary.

Gotta get me one of those.

Last edited by a moderator:

BradM

Leader
Admin
This always fascinates me every year!! I haven't seen it, but you're questioning the unusually high values?

Wonder if it could be changed to Word or another and posted. I would like to see some good interaction on those. I would imagine the Cove would elicit a bit more open discussion than might happen on the ASQ board.

W

wmarhel

I've attached a couple of the categories to spark some debate.

Wayne

Attachments

• Six Sigma Salary.pdf
    100.1 KB · Views: 592
  • Years Experience.pdf
    151.3 KB · Views: 271
  • Job Title.pdf
    134.7 KB · Views: 317

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
This always fascinates me every year!! I haven't seen it, but you're questioning the unusually high values?

Wonder if it could be changed to Word or another and posted. I would like to see some good interaction on those. I would imagine the Cove would elicit a bit more open discussion than might happen on the ASQ board.

I have never... never... been anywhere close to what they call the median and mean for the positions and geographic areas I've been in.

I'm looking for a new Lead Inspector and I'm not going to be given what they claim is average for an inspector in NJ to work with.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Good lord, don't get me started. :mad: :frust:

ASQ continues in its egregiously dishonest, self-serving and reprehensible interpretation of the statistics. Quoting from the commentary regarding SS salaries:
No matter the level of Six Sigma training, there are monetary rewards related to participation. As Figure B (United States) and Figure C (Canada) show, those quality professionals who have participated in Six Sigma training earn higher average salaries than those quality Professionals who haven’t.
Emphasis added.

As has pointed out many times, ASQ has never presented any evidence of a causal relationship. The fact that a person with SS training (or some form of ASQ certification) might earn more than someone without it means nothing unless other contributing variables are controlled for. You'd think that an organization such as ASQ would be the last one on earth to claim that correlation equals causation (B follows A, therefore A caused B).

W

wmarhel

The fact that a person with SS training (or some form of ASQ certification) might earn more than someone without it means nothing unless other contributing variables are controlled for. You'd think that an organization such as ASQ would be the last one on earth to claim that correlation equals causation (B follows A, therefore A caused B). [/COLOR]

Good point. I would think that an organization wouldn't want to send "average" individuals to such training given the investment (cost of training, transportation costs, time away from work, etc.). If that is the case, you could possibly consider that the people who have been trained were already at, or above, average salaries to begin with.

Another point of consideration is what benefit would the Six Sigma credential/training mean to someone who stayed at the company? From what I've seen, promotions within a company and their associated raises are somewhat less than what you could expect if you changed companies. How much of an increase a person could expect within their own organization would especially interesting.

Wayne

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Good point. I would think that an organization wouldn't want to send "average" individuals to such training given the investment (cost of training, transportation costs, time away from work, etc.). If that is the case, you could possibly consider that the people who have been trained were already at, or above, average salaries to begin with.

Another point of consideration is what benefit would the Six Sigma credential/training mean to someone who stayed at the company? From what I've seen, promotions within a company and their associated raises are somewhat less than what you could expect if you changed companies. How much of an increase a person could expect within their own organization would especially interesting.

Wayne

Every 6s BB I personally know took the training and went elswere for more $$$. "Contracts" nonwithstanding.

Top Bottom