Training Records - HR Functions at Corporate Office - Objective evidence of training

J

JkelleyCDS

This one has always puzzled me...

What objective evidence of training should my company cover when all HR services are performed at the corporate level?

Currently, I have taken the stance that ISO training and records are local, but all other functions are taken care of at Corporate. This would include safety, orientation, job descriptions, workforce, etc. Is this weak to an auditor?

I appreciate any feedback.

:thanx:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Training Records- HR Functions at Corporate Office

This one has always puzzled me...

What objective evidence of training should my company cover when all HR services are performed at the corporate level?

Currently, I have taken the stance that ISO training and records are local, but all other functions are taken care of at Corporate. This would include safety, orientation, job descriptions, workforce, etc. Is this weak to an auditor?

I appreciate any feedback.

:thanx:

Records must be accessible at the registered site. So if "Corporate" maintains records in an electronic form, that you can access, that would not be a problem.

Stijloor.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Training Records- HR Functions at Corporate Office

It doesn't matter where your records are being handled, you need to be able to show evidence that appropriate training is being done, people are aware and competent. So, if you cannot show me as an auditor that Bubba has had the appropriate training to perform his job, you are not meeting the intent of the standard, even if corporate knows. If you can access the records from corporate in a reasonable amount of time, you are probably OK.

Top Bottom