Quality Alert vs. Non Conformance Report - What is the difference?

T

tomjess

Can any of you guys tell the difference between Quality Alert and a Non Conformance Report?

Also, if you have examples of a Quality Alert Form, perhaps you could let me see.

Thanks in advance

S

sneekparty

What's the difference...

Hi Tomjess,

To my opinion a quality alert is something in which you state that somethings wrong with the quality...but this hasn't have to be necessarily be a non-conformance of the product or process..It also can mean that you see potential problems...I recently changed this in our process...we now have a non-confomance report and a preventive action report...

Maybe this is an answer to your question...and otherwise...maybe one of the real experts on this forum may give you an answer............

Greetings,
Martin

R

Russ Kochis

I think many organizations use quality alerts in many different ways. We use a quality alert for internal communiction and training. When a problem is identified we investigate,and post (and update) the quality alert at the work cells on the production floor. They include the information about the problem and the action(s) that the operators are to take, including recording, data, and notification requirements. Whenever possible, we include digital images to assist the operator. Most corrective actions require the generation of the quality alert as one of the first steps. This has been an outstanding tool for us for quality performance improvement.
Russ

J

jpandullo

Our company's use of the Quality Alert is similar to that of Russ's. We generate a Quality Alert upon receipt of a customer concern, or idnetification of a problem in process. We include photos and a brief description of the defect, the cause (if known at the time), consequence to the customer and the organization, and solution (if identified at the time). This information includes a sign-off sheet that is circulated to the employees in the processes involved for documenation of training. It has been working great, and now that we have done a few - it is becoming a common practice whenever a problem occurs.

D

desqae

Our company also use the Quality Alert to convey customer concern. It is must more easy to understand compare with NCR. You can put more picture and less word which enable reader (worker) understand fast and accurate. So far so good.

U

Umang Vidyarthi

Can any of you guys tell the difference between Quality Alert and a Non Conformance Report?

Also, if you have examples of a Quality Alert Form, perhaps you could let me see.

Thanks in advance

'Quality Alert' is a signal transmitted,whenever a quality problem is observed;at any given stage of the process viz:during production/final- inspection/packing and at times,after dispatch(to recall the defective product).

The quality problem may or may not end-up into a Non Conformity.Exempli Gracia: A product is being produced by a die.The patrolling inspector notices sudden change in a particular dimension,and his apprehension is that,though the variation in the dimension is within limit at the time of detection,in all the likely hood,this may cross the limit,if not immediately arrested.So preventive measures are applied.

In the given scenario ibid,the 'Non Conformity' is averted,hence no "Non Conformance Report",despite the 'Quality Alert'.

Hope this clears diff.

/Umang :D

B

Bob the QE

In several of the examples given in this thread the resulting output would appear to be a record. If this activity creates a record does the record itself need to be controlled to a point recall? In other words, if I create a Quality Alert and make it effective let's say for 30 days of issuance. Will I need part of the procedure to identify the activity of recalling it? I believe I believe this would be needed so that information contained in this record (if needed) is escalated into further action(s).

Agree or disagree.

Thanks

A

alekra

The record is the evidence of how you are dealing with the nonconforming product. Answering your question: YES, I mean, the last step of non conforming flow is the efectiveness verification. If it takes 30 days and need a recall, so it is included in the process and must be described in the procedure.
:bigwave:
-----------------------------------

By the way, in the company I work for there are 2 forms: the Quality Alert only registers what is found during production (depending on its analyses, not always requires corrective action). The NCR registers what is found in the final product (not in the line). So, it must have a corrective action.

Nice week to all !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

joshua_sx1

In several of the examples given in this thread the resulting output would appear to be a record. If this activity creates a record does the record itself need to be controlled to a point recall? In other words, if I create a Quality Alert and make it effective let's say for 30 days of issuance. Will I need part of the procedure to identify the activity of recalling it? I believe I believe this would be needed so that information contained in this record (if needed) is escalated into further action(s).

Agree or disagree.

Thanks

...agree :agree1:

By the way, in the company I work for there are 2 forms: the Quality Alert only registers what is found during production (depending on its analyses, not always requires corrective action). The NCR registers what is found in the final product (not in the line). So, it must have a corrective action.

Nice week to all !!!

...an excellent approaches to differentiate Quality Alert with NCR…

Top Bottom