Writing a QMS Manual for our FAA 145 Repair Station

B

bertine

I am trying to write a QMS Manual for our 145 repair station. It sure would be helpful if I could see another companies manual but I can't find one anywhere. Why is this so closely guarded? Does anyone know of a QMS I could view on line so I can see if I am even headed in the right direction?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Why is this whole ISO thing so secret?

I am trying to write a QMS Manual for our 145 repair station. It sure would be helpful if I could see another companies manual but I can't find one anywhere. Why is this so closely guarded? Does anyone know of a QMS I could view on line so I can see if I am even headed in the right direction?

Welcome to the Cove. There aren't many companies that post their quality manuals online, but I don't think it's due to confidentiality concerns; it's more because there isn't much of a good reason for posting them. Perhaps someone here has something to share that's directly relevant to your situation, but in the meantime, go up to the top of the page where you'll see this:

picture.php

and click on "Post Attachments List" and you'll be able to search for examples of quality manuals that have been posted here.

A

arios

There are *lots* of example quality manuals here: Example Quality Manuals

But none that I noticed that is specific to an FAA Certified 145 Repair Station. It would be nice if someone has one which can be shared here.

Well, may be the one for Santa Claus meets the FAA requirements. After all, his cargo flies over the air doesn't it? :lmao:

B

BadgerMan

Are you wanting to have a QMS manual separate from your FAA approved repair station manual? I can't speak for the majority of repair stations but ours merge the two documents. That being the case, you won't find ours floating around publicly because it contains some very specific (and potentially proprietary) information about the organization. At the end of the day, the FSDO needs to approve what you produce so I would seek their advice.

I have heard that the ARSA model is a good option.

http://www.arsa.org/node/484

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
<snip> I have heard that the ARSA model is a good option.

http://www.arsa.org/node/484
At these prices for a set of templates, they must really be something "special"...

"Disclaimer

These documents are not all-inclusive; each repair station is unique. Modifications to this model manual and Forms Manual will be required to ensure the specific procedures and forms used by the repair station will comply with the regulations. Further, the model manual does not address satellite repair stations. If your company wishes to develop a managerial repair station with satellites, please contact ARSA for assistance in modifying this document to meet those requirements.

Pricing Information

Model Repair Station and Quality Manual with integrated Forms Manual is available to Members for $750 and Non-Members for $1500.

The Forms Manual is available free of charge to Members ONLY. It is available to Non-Members for $500.

The revised Model Repair Station and Quality Manual and Forms Manual is available to Members who purchased the model manual before September 1, 2007, free of charge, and to Non-Members who have previously purchased the manual for $1,000.

NOTE: You may order your complimentary copy of the model manual using the publication order form. Please take care to use the exact same company name so that verification your previous purchase can be made, and note in the “Remarks/Comments” field that you are requesting a complimentary copy based on a previous purchase. Complimentary copies will be issued via e-mail upon verification of prior purchase."

If anyone has a manual and/or forms as an example that can be used as a template (which the above is), contact me by PM. I'll pay up to US$750 for it (I'll up the ante for the forms) and post it (them) here for free.

B

BadgerMan

I think the idea was standardization of the format to help facilitate FSDO approval. A RSM is not just an AS9100 compliant QSM (policy level document). The RSM is more comprehensive and detailed. I can tell you that the format was easily accepted when one of our businesses used it. You can **** away $1500.00 in short order if the process takes multiple revisions and submissions.

B

bertine

Thanks for your reply, the QMS will be a seperate manual. Our repair station manuals already contain most of the info necessary for AS9110 approval and can be refwerred to rather than rewriting our repair station manuals. As far as FSDO is concerned, as long as our existing approved repair station manuals are adhered to they don't really care what other kind of manual we create. I have completed sections 1-6 but have had a very hard time with product realization and risk management. Being that our product is a service and we don't do any design or manufacturing I am having a difficult time trying to wrap my head around the requirements of AS9110A. This site has been alot of help and I would just like to say thanks for you input.

Top Bottom