Environmental Aspects and Impacts of a Welding Process (ISO 14001)

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Aspects and Impact

Can somebody provide some guidelines / ideas about aspects and impact for a Welding Process?

3.6 of ISO 14001 defined environmental aspect as: elements of an organizations activities or product or service that can interact with the environment.

Based on this, I would classify 'welding' as an aspect of your manufacturing activity. One of its impact is pollution of the environment from the fumes.

S

samsung

Based on this, I would classify 'welding' as an aspect of your manufacturing activity. One of its impact is pollution of the environment from the fumes.

I think 'welding' is an activity and one of the associated environmental aspects of this activity could be 'generation of toxic fumes' which can adversely impact the environment/ air quality. Another aspect of welding could be generation of solid waste (e.g. stubs of weld rods, scrap etc.) which can result in land abuse if not disposed properly.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

I think 'welding' is an activity and one of the associated environmental aspects of this activity could be 'generation of toxic fumes' which can adversely impact the environment/ air quality. Another aspect of welding could be generation of solid waste (e.g. stubs of weld rods, scrap etc.) which can result in land abuse if not disposed properly.

No arguments about that. In fact, it is good that you post because however you 'slice' it, the bottom line is the organization has to identify them and find out which are the significant ones.

S

samsung

No arguments about that. In fact, it is good that you post because however you 'slice' it, the bottom line is the organization has to identify them and find out which are the significant ones.

The OPs question is not about 'significant or non-significant' aspects. It's simply about 'aspects' and I just added some clarity to differentiate between an 'activity' and an ''aspect. Both are different just like a container and its contents.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Can somebody provide some guidelines / ideas about aspects and impact for a Welding Process?
Use of power >> depletion of natural resource
Use of chemical in electrode >> depletion of natural resource
Use of inert gas >> depletion of natural resource
Generation of scrap electrode bits >> land contamination
Generation of chemical fumes >> air contamination

Some as I can think now. Perhaps experts will add more

Top Bottom