Can you help me on manpower planning for Supplier Quality Engineers ?

silver ring

Involved In Discussions
Hi,

ı am looking for a method for planning manpower for a quality department. Especially for supplier quality engineers. Is there an example or can you give me an advice.

Thanks

C

Curtis317

Just some comments: How many SQE's you need depends on the suppliers. Are they local? Do you have a lot of problems with the supplier? You would have to consider the travel time away if they are not local and have a lot of problems. If you have a lot of suppliers with few problems then you do not need as many. If you have regular new product development then you have to consider that time and effort too. So to give you a good feel for how many SQE's you need others will need to know what they will have to do.

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
As Curtis said, the first step in assessing your manpower needs is to define what you expect them to do. Depending on the size of your company and department, the SQE function may be a full-time position for several people, or an added responsibility for someone already working for you. Without knowing intimate details of your company and supply base, and your expectations for the team, it would be difficult to give a good assessment

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
Although there is probably an analytical method out there, I would recommend against relying too much on something like that. Any mathematical model can only reflect the concept of business that the author had, and may not take into account significant and unique characteristics of yours.

Top Bottom