ISO 9001:2008 - Can any one help me to understand this paragraph? Clause 8.3

B

blue moon

Quality and/or Production are authorized to make the “Accept as-is” and “Re-grade” disposition decisions, and the “Rework” and “Repair” decisions when there are currently no approved rework instructions, and which must first be established before the rework processes can be implemented.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: can any one help me to understant this parahraph

Is this reported as is from an internal procedure?
I hope to have intended the sens.
It refers to clause 8.3 of ISO 9001 for the control of non conforming products.
I think there have been established responsibilitues to take decisions on how to treat this material, also authorizing the rework and repair.
This must state in a documented procedure to deal with this kind of material, including related responsibilities and criteria to manage the process.
If you should refer to ISO TS , there are additional clauses, for example see 8.3.2 where you shall have evidence of the instruction, including the re-inspection requirements.
Hope this helps

Quality and/or Production are authorized to make the “Accept as-is” and “Re-grade” disposition decisions, and the “Rework” and “Repair” decisions when there are currently no approved rework instructions, and which must first be established before the rework processes can be implemented.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Can any one help me to understand this paragraph?

Please clarify which standard you are referring to.

B

blue moon

i have miss understand in these words

how Quality and production will make the rework and repair and there is no approved rework instructions

i think repair and rework must be deleted

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Where did this come from, and what is it that you don't understand? It looks to me as though there are four classifications for disposition of NC material:

1. Accept as-is
  2. Regrade
  3. Rework
  4. Repair
The thing is saying that Quality and/or Production have/has the authority to make the first two dispositions in all cases. If there are no existing rework/repair instructions, they also have authority to make dispositions #3 and #4 but only after instructions have been established. They don't have that authority when there are existing rework/repair instructions. Presumably, in those cases, the instructions are explicit about what is supposed to happen.

B

blue moon

Our standard ISO 9001:2008

B

blue moon

The thing is saying that Quality and/or Production have/has the authority to make the first two dispositions in all cases. If there are no existing rework/repair instructions, they also have authority to make dispositions #3 and #4 but only after instructions have been established. They don't have that authority when there are existing rework/repair instructions. Presumably, in those cases, the instructions are explicit about what is supposed to happen.

i think this is the right , and it is being that the source is writted in miss

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

i think this is the right , and it is being that the source is writted in miss
If you're saying that you agree with my interpretation, then the source isn't worded incorrectly. Again, what is it that you don't understand about it?

B

blue moon

If you're saying that you agree with my interpretation, then the source isn't worded incorrectly. Again, what is it that you don't understand about it?

where i see it will make a repair and rework where no instruction is available , and then he assure that instruction must be implemented

so i miss understand and i say may be this paragraph is write and i didn't understand it

S

sandman23

Re: ISO 9001:2008 - Can any one help me to understand this paragraph?

what is see here is that both quality and production are authorized to have a discretion in case that there is no instructions on what to do.

Top Bottom