Can an EASA approved MRO release (EASA release) a non EASA registered Aircraft?

A

airwaves

Hi all,

Can an EASA approved MRO release (EASA release) a non EASA registered Aircraft ?

If No, why ?

& if yes, what the MRO should take into consideration to ensure the release is proper.

would appreciate your elaboration.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi all,

Can an EASA approved MRO release (EASA release) a non EASA registered Aircraft ?

If No, why ?

& if yes, what the MRO should take into consideration to ensure the release is proper.

would appreciate your elaboration.

Can someone help with this?

Thank you very much!

Stijloor.

M

maozetung

I think your problem is not what a Part-145 could not do but what the State of Registry of the aircraft/State of Oversight of the Operator considers to be acceptable.

Usually, the mutual acceptance/recognition of maintenance findings between Authorities is subjected to agreement between the Parties.

The first step then is to check if an agreement for the recognition of maintenance findings between EASA and the State of Registry of the aircraft/State of Oversight of the Operator exists. If not, you should check if the State of Registry of the aircraft/State of Oversight of the Operator recognises the EASA Part-145 release to service as valid in accordance with its rules. If not, the EASA Part-145 release to service is not valid for the State of Registry of the aircraft/State of Oversight of the Operator.

Care should be exercised if the State of Registry of the aircraft and the State of Oversight of the Operator are not the same as the repartition of responsibilities between the Authorities for the oversight of the aircraft Operations may require to refer to one or the other Authority for the specific matter.

I don't understand the aircraft in hands is intended to continue to operate in the actual State of Registry or to be imported in a different Country. In this latter case the import requirements established by the Competent Authority of the importing Country shall be fulfilled too for the Export Certificate of Airworthiness to be acceptable to the importing Country.

In accordance with my experience, those Part-145 maintenance organizations providing maintenance services to Operators other than EU Operators hold multiple approvals (i.e. Chinese approval, etc.). Moreover it is a responsibility of the Operator to ensure that the maintenance of its aircraft is taken to an appropriately approved maintenance organisation and that the release to service is valid, then your customer should request your services to be in accordance with this or that rule.

Assumed my reply hits the target, I hope this could help you

Top Bottom