PPAP Validation for Electronic Parts (PCBA)

O

oshoneoman

Hi,

I am in the process of making a PPAP vaidation for PCBA. Can anyone please guide me to make a process?...how to validate the PCBA and what are the points need to be tested to qualify the PCBA.......

Thanks
Neo

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: PPAP for electronic parts( PCBA)

Hi,

I am in the process of making a PPAP vaidation for PCBA. Can anyone please guide me to make a process?...how to validate the PCBA and what are the points need to be tested to qualify the PCBA.......

Thanks
Neo

Welcome to the Cove. :bigwave:

The details of the PPAP submission should come from your customer and the specifications for the assembly. PPAP is one of the outputs of the APQP process, and your initial planning should have included preparations and requirements for testing. What stage of the process are you in now?

V

vimalvg

Hi,
You need to follow the APQP processes.PPAP will be developed and completed at the end of the Fourth phase.You should make a detailed DVP covering all the qualification test initially .Hipot test(L to L and L to G),IR test will be basic tests.According to your end application of PCB other tests also to be developed and those test to be included in the plan. .Customer requirements also should be considered.All the test results should be included in the PPAP documents under performance test requirements.

O

oshoneoman

Sorry That I failed to point out what I want clearly before .I am working in ATM manufacturing unit . I validate the PPAP submissions provided to us by the supplier mainly for mechanical parts.But now we are in a situation to provide certain datas to our PCB suppliers so that they can provide us with PPAP submissions for electronic PCBs.And I am not sure how to create methodlogy to validate PPAP for pcbs and what are the necessary details I have to provide for PCBs PPAP to the supplier. please help me ?:(

V

vimalvg

Pls specify which level of PPAP you are expecting from the supplier

V

vimalvg

If you are expecting level 3 from the supplier then your require PSW with complete supporting data.Performance test requirements is one among them.My suggestion is that you that develop a supplier manual stating all the requirements. Include Engineering standards for PCB which covers all the qualification tests.Tests include all mechanical ,electrical and environmental tests.The tests can be waived according to the application of PCB in your ATM machines.

Top Bottom