Is it required to have a Lead Internal Auditor on the Internal Audit Team? ISO 14001

I

isotsadmin

Hi everyone,

We are aiming for an ISO 14001 certification this year and on the process of training our internal audit team. Im not sure if it is required to have a lead internal auditor among the internal audit team but we are identifying someone to lead the team. Is it really required to send this " lead" internal auditor to a lead auditor training course by an accredited external source? By the way, I took a lead auditors training course myself way back 2008 and practicing it sicen then until I change my employer and I am the one training the ISO 14001 internal audit team including this appointed "lead" auditor.

Appreciate anybody's response on this.

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Is it required to have a Lead Internal Auditor on the Internal Audit Team? ISO 14

You can call the Lead "Head Poo-Pah" if you want, but all you really need is for someone to be in charge to manage/moderate/control/point-in-the-right-direction the activity

But a "LEAD" pish-posh Who dreamed this up some 3rd party auditor or consultant "interpreting"?

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: Is it required to have a Lead Internal Auditor on the Internal Audit Team? ISO 14

Is it required to have a Lead Internal Auditor on the Internal Audit Team? ISO 14001
Randy means "No" to this question.
But if you have one or few, it will do good for the organization towards its environmental commitment..

Last edited:

Randy

Super Moderator

Yep, I meant NO and forgot to say so:lol:

Top Bottom