Is a Mission Statement the same thing as a Quality Policy?

• Thread starter deborahasouthern
  • Start date
D

deborahasouthern

:bigwave: Good Morning everyone. I need a little help with something. Is a Mission Statement the same thing as a Quality Policy? If not, what's the difference?:thanx:

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
deborahasouthern said:
:bigwave: Good Morning everyone. I need a little help with something. Is a Mission Statement the same thing as a Quality Policy? If not, what's the difference?:thanx:
Welcome to the Cove!:bigwave:
Good question! Many organizations don't seem to know the difference, either, judging by the results in their Quality Manuals and organization literature.

In my view, a mission statement is often self-serving corporate propaganda. Some are outrageous. I recall one billion dollar corporation included a statement that they considered it their MISSION to prevent unions from ever getting a foothold in their organization.

A Quality Policy on the other hand is advance notice that an organization is savvy enough to have a plan in place for a consistent treatment of Quality issues throughout the organization. The quality policy strays into propaganda when it talks about "world class" and other descriptive adjectives instead of saying WHAT they do and will continue to do.

Top Bottom