Requirements Summary - Part 21g / Part 21j and Part 145 and DAOS

B

Baggie

Hi,
I have circa 25 years experience in Automotive & Electronics Quality and I'm fully au-fait with ISO9000 / AS9100 / TS16949, however my company has recently acquired a business which designs / manufactures and repairs (its own) equipment for both military & civil aircraft.

The equipment is not part of the airframe, I would best describe it as ancillary equipment.
The newly acquired business has ISO 9000 accreditation (albeit a poor QMS) which we will be developing to satisfy AS 9100C.

My problem is,
I am finding great difficulty in getting a listing of requirements for part 21g / part 21J / part 145 and DAOS.
The documents I find are wordy / un-structured and seem non-specific. Every time I start trying to do a gap analysis, I end up going around in circles trying to understand what the specific requirements are :(.

Is anyone in possession of a straight forward summary of the requirements of these standards PLEASE.:thanx:

A

Angelika

Re: The requirements part 21g / Part 21j and part 145

Hi,
I have circa 25 years experience in Automotive & Electronics Quality and I'm fully au-fait with ISO9000 / AS9100 / TS16949, however my company has recently acquired a business which designs / manufactures and repairs (its own) equipment for both military & civil aircraft.

The equipment is not part of the airframe, I would best describe it as ancillary equipment.
The newly acquired business has ISO 9000 accreditation (albeit a poor QMS) which we will be developing to satisfy AS 9100C.

My problem is,
I am finding great difficulty in getting a listing of requirements for part 21g / part 21J / part 145 and DAOS.
The documents I find are wordy / un-structured and seem non-specific. Every time I start trying to do a gap analysis, I end up going around in circles trying to understand what the specific requirements are :(.

Is anyone in possession of a straight forward summary of the requirements of these standards PLEASE.:thanx:

Baggie,

for Part 21, Subpart G (manufacturing approval) you have to follow the requirements i.a.w. Part 21, Subparts A, G and Q.

For Part 145 (maintenance) all the requirements are contained in Part 145.

Part 21, Subpart J (Design Organisation) is required only if you want to design changes or repairs on aircraft level. If you want to design equipment, you have to show compliance with Part 21, Subpart O, including Subparts A and O.

You can find the above regulations in the EASA website. Part 21 is part of EC Regulation 1702/2003, Part 145 of EC Regulation 2042/2003. Please consider the amendments to the Regulations.

DAOS - I have never heard about this - what does it mean?

The military has its own requirements (AQAP).

Angelika

E

eli dahabany

Baggie,

for Part 21, Subpart G (manufacturing approval) you have to follow the requirements i.a.w. Part 21, Subparts A, G and Q.

For Part 145 (maintenance) all the requirements are contained in Part 145.

Part 21, Subpart J (Design Organisation) is required only if you want to design changes or repairs on aircraft level. If you want to design equipment, you have to show compliance with Part 21, Subpart O, including Subparts A and O.

You can find the above regulations in the EASA website. Part 21 is part of EC Regulation 1702/2003, Part 145 of EC Regulation 2042/2003. Please consider the amendments to the Regulations.

DAOS - I have never heard about this - what does it mean?

The military has its own requirements (AQAP).

Angelika

dear anjelika

i read the part 21 subpart J , and still cannot find any reqirement as to HUMAN FACTORS issue.
do you know of any? or maybe an DOA approval is linked or related to other HF reqirements such as in part 145? if yes, how?

thanks
eli

A

Angelika

Eli,

there are no HF requirements in Part 21, Subpart J.

Regards,
Angelika

B

Baggie

I guess I didn't frame my question correctly.
I do understand that I can find the requirements in the documents, but the way the documents are structured is confusing and not simple to follow.

What I am looking for is a requirements matrix, to ensure I have all the elements covered.

By the way DAOS is the MOD "Design Approved Organisation Scheme" 05-23 seems to be the requirements doc.

Top Bottom