How to obtain NOC from DCGI (Drug Controller General of India) for importing drugs

D

drgopinath97

Hi All,

I am gopinath. Just joined a NGO recently. I am interested in finding out how to imported donated drugs from aboard by a indian NGO. What is DCGI and what does it do. What do i do, after getting an NOC from DCGI. How do i get tax exemption on donated imported drugs which will be used for poor patients. Help me guys

Gopi

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: How to obtain NOC from DCGI for importing drugs

Welcome to the Cove,

NOC - No Objection Certificate
DCGI - Drug Controller General of India

This query is country specific and I am sure our Covers from India are more than willing to assist you. Just be patient.

D

drgopinath97

Re: How to obtain NOC from DCGI (Drug Controller General of India) for importing drug

Hi Harry,

Thanks for the info, yes i am waiting to hear from our forum. Hope I get a good solution. In the meanwhile I did some research which said that for importing donated drugs we need to obtain Non objection Certificate from DGCI in Delhi, India. But how to go about it is the question now.

Thanks
GOpi

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Re: How to obtain NOC from DCGI (Drug Controller General of India) for importing drug

Gopi,

The best way is to get the answers directly from DCGI - did you contact them ?

D

drgopinath97

Hi,

Thats the plan tommorrow

Gopi

somashekar

Leader
Admin

Hi,

Thats the plan tommorrow

Gopi
I do not think CDSCO distinguishes imported drugs under donated or otherwise. Now what drugs are these, are any of these banned in India or in the country from where they are being sent from ? How many types ? There are several primary health care centres here where drugs are given free to poor patients under prescription. Who are prescribing these drugs to patients which are to be imported from doners abroad ? Is it a one off case for a specific purpose or this channel will be routine ? What is the shelf life of these donated drugs and how are they ensured to be safe for use ? The regional director at CDSCO south zone office at Chennai may be a good contact and he would perhaps ask all these questions mentioned above and more .

Top Bottom