Improving the Quality of Leadership

C

ccochran

Howdy, all:

I've been thinking about leadership a lot lately: what is it, who can practice it, how it can be improved. The results of my thinking are captured in the attached article. I'd enjoy hearing your feedback, positive or negative, on the piece.

Talk to you soon,
Craig

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Craig Cochran
Center for International Standards and Quality
Georgia Institute of Technology
[email protected]

Attachments

• Improving the Quality of Leadership (for The Cove).doc
    66.5 KB · Views: 644
R

Rob Nix

Craig,

Very, Very well done!! I wanted to take my time and read it thoroughly, so it has taken a couple of days. I'm glad I did. :applause:

C

ccochran

Thanks

Al, Deuce, Rob, and Taz:

I'm humbled by your gracious feedback. You're very kind. I had been feeling down about my writing recently (the way everybody gets down occasionally for no good reason), but now I feel a little better. Thank you.

Craig

M

mshell

Good article. I know a few leaders from my last company that should have used the leadership tools described in your article. In fact, their lack of leadership ability has recently cost them their job.

C

Craig H.

An article on leadership? I expected a lot of "fluff". It is not here.

I especially liked the sections explaining where the results of a lack of certain traits (humility, for example) causes problems. Food for thought.

Thanks, Craig C.

Craig H.

C

ccochran

Fire the crappy leaders!

Mshell,

You mean a leader actually got fired for lack of leadership? That's terrific (...though sometimes rare). Thanks for your kind words about the article.

Craig,

Yep, there's lots of fluff in the leadership field. I'm glad this piece didn't have too much of the fluff factor. I was trying to keep it low, anyway. Thanks for your support.

Very best regards,
CC

M

mshell

One reason I left the company is because of the lack of good leadership. I firmly believe that you lead by example and that was a rare trait in my co-workers. In the past 2 weeks the company has terminated 3 manages and one VP. I suspect that more will follow (I know of at least 2 that should be released from duty). If that had occured while I was there, I might have stayed.

Top Bottom