General Motors QSB (Quality System Basics) - Standard work instructions

B

Buford - 2010

Need information on General Motors QSB - Mainly the standardized work instructions.

Has any one got an example of standardized work instructions or how they differ from work instructions in general? Are these just visual work instructions?

We are getting ready to have the SQE from GM audit us and we have a couple of sticking points at this time.

I saw a thread once before about this - but can't seem to find it now.

Thanks for your help.

W

Warranty_Guy - 2012

Re: Standard work instructions

There really is no difference. They are very visual.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
GM does not prescribe a format, but will look to see if the instructions meet their best practices.

Do not forget, they will look at operator training as well (like a post visual matrix with names and who is qualified) and systemic approach to the development of work instructions.

Attachments

• qsb swi.xls
    16 KB · Views: 1,148
B

Buford - 2010

GM does not prescribe a format, but will look to see if the instructions meet their best practices.

Do not forget, they will look at operator training as well (like a post visual matrix with names and who is qualified) and systemic approach to the development of work instructions.

Thank you for the information on the training - this is one of several areas that I know we are trying to improve. Our training matrix does not show what each person is capable of very well (namely cross training) and we are changing that. Each area will have thier matrix posted.

I think where we are having most of our problems is everyone has a different idea of what standard work instructions should be - some want lots of words telling every step (almost a book) others want as few words as possible and posted visually (me) - some just want the major steps posted and another book with all the details. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you again for your help

Top Bottom