AS9102 - How to title the attached form and how to identify the characteristics

DAHSR

Registered Visitor
AS9102 - It appears that the example forms in the standard are not mandatory and you can create your own forms. The form you create must be numbered with the same box numbers and have the same field reference numbers. My question is exactly how to title the attachment forms to comply with AS9102 and how to identify the characteristics as stated above. I am looking for some examples of how others do this. I am using an Excel spreadsheet format.

Last edited:
A

alspread

Why not use the same titles?
I know that the standard permits an organization to use an alternative form, but I have yet to here of a really compelling reason to redeisgn the form.

To your point, the standard does not specify one way or the other as to whether one can modify the form title.

Again, why not just use the standard titles? Unless you intend to add some significant element that is not covered by the form.

Good Luck

K

KwalityWonk

AS9102 - It appears that the example forms in the standard are not mandatory and you can create your own forms. The form you create must be numbered with the same box numbers and have the same field reference numbers. My question is exactly how to title the attachment forms to comply with AS9102 and how to identify the characteristics as stated above. I am looking for some examples of how others do this. I am using an Excel spreadsheet format.

If I can figure out how to attach it here, this is a modified copy of a form provided by a customer. You must meet all of the requirements of the AS9102 form, however this has been modified so that form 3 can also be used separately as a Detailed Inspection Plan (DIP). Just fill in your company logo / info at the top of the forms and you're in business. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• AS9102~FAIR1.xls
    76.5 KB · Views: 366

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions

Just curious, is there a reason why you are creating your own forms? MS Word and Excel versions can be found either here or out on the web. As far as customization, I just grabbed an Excel version, changed the header and footer for my company's logo and document number, and it was done.

Top Bottom