Gmail keeps crashing Internet Explorer

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Does anyone know a reliable fix for this? Whenever I load Gmail, my IE crashes.

Looks like this started happening after Chrome (Google's browser) was released. I can not install any other browser in my computer due to IT policies.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Does anyone know a reliable fix for this? Whenever I load Gmail, my IE crashes.

Looks like this started happening after Chrome (Google's browser) was released. I can not install any other browser in my computer due to IT policies.

What version of IE? I use IE6 :mad: at work, and there's no problem between it and Gmail.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
IE6 with sp2. But until last week, I had no problems whatsoever. I know Gmail has been revised because, once it loads, you have an "older version" option in the upper right corner of the screen.

H

Hondo812

Get a USB drive. Load the U3 edition of Firefox on the USB drive and go. It doesn't install on your computer and it works. I think you can get a 1G sandisk drive for under $10.

A

amanbhai

Get a USB drive. Load the U3 edition of Firefox on the USB drive and go. It doesn't install on your computer and it works. I think you can get a 1G sandisk drive for under $10.

Where do we get this U3 edition of FireFox? Is it avialable on the internet? :thanks:

Le Chiffre

Quite Involved in Discussions
:topic:
but I've just uninstalled Firefox 3 (portableApps) and reinstalled Firefox 2 (I'm also a gmail user - but that's probably unrelated). FF3 was way too slow, there must have been a process hanging because the delays and page-loading were unbearable. I even bought a new USB stick thinking that perhaps the old one was dieing.
I've not had time to properly diagnose it but now that I'm back with Firefox 2 (also from portableApps) and I'm happy :)

H

Hondo812

I haven't had the problems with FF3 that you speak of but I did run into a small snag with Gmail. I had uploaded the "Better Gmail" addon some time back and then went to Better Gmail 2. However, it seems both were enabled and I could only get into Gmail if I selected the HTML option when loading. After I disabled BGM ver 1.x everything runs fine with no speed issues.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I had installed Google Chrome and it was running great. Very fast, nimble and GMail was totally stable...until yesterday when a MS Tools update got installed and, since the, Chrome keeps crashing....

Seems to me that MS and Google are really at war over the browser products. The problem is: the users end up being "casualties" and collateral damage....

Top Bottom