Effective way for DC/DC conversion for 2 MOPP @ 250VAC

P

Pfannenfranz

Hi guys,

I'm looking at efficient ways to obtain 2 MOPP @ 250VAC according to 60601-1 3rd edition for DC/DC conversion of 500mW to 1W, unregulated. Voltages are 5-24V primary side, 3-5V secondary side.

To my knowledge, there are
1. the very costly DC/DC regulated converters out there which offer 2 MOPP@ 250VAC, e.g. Traco THM 3WI

Downsides
- big
- costly

2. AD's isoPower products, e.g. ADuM6000

Downside
- EMI (180MHz switching frequency)

3. The only known product to me, which is kind of a trade off here is the AD external trafo series, e.g. ADuM4070

Does somebody know of any other converters available, which are smaller and less costly than the big regulated DC/DC ones, yet are working at, say <30MHz?

Pads38

We have used a variety of methods to acheive the required 2 MOPP.

An example here:
http://www.recom-international.com/...-regulators-at-very-attractive-prices-4.html#

(Disclosure - no connections)

We also use our own 'propriety' techniques, generally using custom built transformers. We use these both at elevated operating frequencies (kHz) or, sometimes, at normal mains frequencies, all dependent upon final application.

In all this it needs careful consideration of working voltages and the influence of Signal Input/Output Parts.

Be careful of the "Complies with 60601" claims that when you look really carefully relate to MOOP and not MOPP.

eezud

Inactive Registered Visitor
Hi, did you find the solution?
I am also trying to find 5V to 5V DC-DC converter with 4kV and 8mm isolation for 250Vrms. But I haven't been able to find a good solution yet. I have a small space, so I am looking for a single chip solution.

I found some converters here:
http://www.recom-power.com/products-menu/dcdc/medical-approved-60601-1/regulated-1-4watts.html
but none of them have 4kV and 8mm isolation. Same with the chips from Murata. The only solution I have now is to use ADuM4070 chip which will then need an external transformer.

Could somebody help with their experience?

Top Bottom