Selling Medical devices to Iran - OFAC doubts

B

bisbita

Hi guys. I am looking some information about cost, time and documentation needed to sell medical devices in Iran.

We, as european manufacuter, are selling products to the US aswell. So here is where the question comes...

A far as I can see, we need to apply for an OFAC license ( TSRA ).

Does someone know how much does it cost or how long time the proccess will take?

Thank so much.

B

bisbita

Thank so much Marc, as I always say, knowledge means power!

The information about transactions to Iran are now clear for me, but, I cannot find any information about the cost of that license, or the time that will takes to my company..:rolleyes:

S

Sarah Stec

Licenses are specific to the company and the activity, so the cost depends on how much time you or your attorney needs to complete the application (which is a free-form brief arguing why you should have the license). Generally, the Department of Treasury can take as long as they want in granting/denying the licenses. To my recollection, last year they were taking about 5-8 months to reply.

You may want to consult with an attorney dealing with these issues - they would be able to advise you on the specifics, including the interface with Europe vs. US with respect to the Iranian operations.

B

bisbita

Licenses are specific to the company and the activity, so the cost depends on how much time you or your attorney needs to complete the application (which is a free-form brief arguing why you should have the license). Generally, the Department of Treasury can take as long as they want in granting/denying the licenses. To my recollection, last year they were taking about 5-8 months to reply.

You may want to consult with an attorney dealing with these issues - they would be able to advise you on the specifics, including the interface with Europe vs. US with respect to the Iranian operations.

WOW thank so much!

tibon74

Involved In Discussions
Hi !! could I have some details on the Iran regulation ?
Should we appoint a local representative? who is the license owner ? how much time it takes to approve a product? is there a renewal process ? if so, when ?
thank you !

Top Bottom