Using Facebook for Job Candidate Selection Criteria

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Validity and Adverse Impact Potential of a Facebook-Based Assessment - No surprise to me... :notme:

You can download the .pdf for free and no registration required at the time of this post.

Attribution:

Chad H. Van Iddekinge
Florida State University

Stephen E. Lanivich
Old Dominion University

Philip L. Roth
Clemson University

Elliott Junco
Accenture

Chad H. Van Iddekinge, College of Business, Florida State University, 821 Academic Way, P.O. Box 3061110, Tallahassee, FL 32306-1110, USA.

K

kgott

Employers are becoming very conscious of the comments of past, present and future employees and generally take a negative approach to such comments unless the comments are positive.

I once read that before a business can claim to have good external customer focus it must first of all have good internal customer focus because how the company is viewed by its staff is ultimately how it will be viewed by its customers.

One would have thought that businesses would be keen to take on customer (internal and external) feed back from social media as a source of customer feedback.

Incidently; how do covers deal with customer complaints made in social media??

I wonder if employers would believe that (no Facebook page), or think you are trying to evade the request. That might be seen as negative in itself.
Option -create a FB page in a 'company supporting sounding name' as in "Joe NBC", then post quality quotes every week...

Or better Option - One person creates a generic facebook page that everyone shares -
I could see that causing an employer to scratch his head a few times...

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Now there are companies you can pay to "like" your page, and give you favorable ratings in linked-in.

If you do search in Facebook you might find my Burnt Hills and Big Flats Railroad company page, but that's about it for me on facebook.

To be fair - I have found the best use of FB was during Hurricane Sandy, when it was about the only way to stay in touch with friends and family, since mobes could connect to the net when local lines were down, and of course there was no power.

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
I wonder if employers would believe that (no Facebook page), or think you are trying to evade the request. That might be seen as negative in itself.
Option -create a FB page in a 'company supporting sounding name' as in "Joe NBC", then post quality quotes every week...

Or better Option - One person creates a generic facebook page that everyone shares -
I could see that causing an employer to scratch his head a few times...

Doesn't matter to me. No amount of searching online would ever uncover a facebook page for me because...it doesn't exist. If they can't find one, doesn't matter what I tell them.

pkost

Trusted Information Resource
Incidently; how do covers deal with customer complaints made in social media??

I believe we have a person dedicated to monitoring social media in our customer services team; regardless of headcount social media complaints are treated no differently from traditional communication channels

If appropriate and/or necessary the person responsible for social media should contact the complainant by private message to obtain more information on a complaint so that it can be investigated.

Top Bottom