TS 16949 Product Realization Audit - Seeking Plan and Questions to ask

P

puddycat

:confused: I have recently been given the daunting task of auditing all departments for product realization. I have never audited for this element of 16949 before and I am a little confused. I have the checklist from AIAG, but this is generic in my opinion. Does anyone know where I can find a more specific plan including questions to ask in regards to product realization.

Q

qualitytrec

It is going to be different in every company. I would not suggest using someone elses checklist because it may be to involved, different or simple for your processes. I would, however, suggest starting with the IATF Checklist and look for control plans, process flows, and floor layouts as applicable (or comparable documents) to check if the process follows, flows and is laid out according to the plan.
Mark

P

puddycat

:thanx: That sounds like a great start and the should easily handle most of the manufacturing departments, but what of a department such as Sales Support?

Q

qualitytrec

flow diagrams if there are any. Responsibility matrix or org chart. Procedures or work instructions. Contract review elements. What documents are there and what do they say you do and what do they show you do? Records, measurables, etc... depends on what you got to work with. Use what sales has for documentation to audit to and use the checklist you already have from IATF to check it to the standard. At least this is what I would do. Anyone else have any ideas or input?
Mark

Top Bottom