Auto Industry Resume Template for a Quality Manager

Izoyd

Involved In Discussions
Hi all,

I haven't had to update a resume in 10 years...Does anyone know what the "acceptable" template is nowadays? For a position in the automotive industry as a Quality Manager? I've been looking online, and maybe I haven't looked long enough, but none of the resume templates I find seem like the 'right one.'

If someone has a great template they could share, I would appreciate it greatly!

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Hi all,

I haven't had to update a resume in 10 years...Does anyone know what the "acceptable" template is nowadays? For a position in the automotive industry as a Quality Manager? I've been looking online, and maybe I haven't looked long enough, but none of the resume templates I find seem like the 'right one.'

If someone has a great template they could share, I would appreciate it greatly!
In this post (Wes Bucey Job Threads), I list some really great "job threads" which have remained pertinent over the years. Every thread listed is valuable reading for the prospective job hunter. Most especially, for your purpose, you should start with the thread entitled
Resume and cover letter - How good are yours?
Don't stop there, though; read through them all, especially the one entitled
Tips to get past the "gatekeeper" when job hunting

Added in edit:
Most especially, do NOT be a follower by blindly adhering to someone else's "template." The more you stand out from the crowd, the less chance of the gatekeeper or hiring officer saying, "Ho hum!" and discarding your application/resume in the trash.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Good day Izoyd,

For what it's worth I understand HR people favor the chronological format these days. There are so many types of resumes these days that I agree with Wes not to lock yourself into a template. I recommend you format yours in such a way that it sticks to 2 pages maximum, leaves out irrelevant things, is targeted to the job description (HR people often use automated screening tools these days that pick out key words) and is visually balanced-looking on the page. That is, don't leave a 3-inch gap on the 1st page so you have to pack the 2nd page with dense 8-font text.

I hope this helps!

Top Bottom