When do you need to control records? Purchase Orders

L

Libnani

During my audits , i am facing with the following :
besides the 21 records required by ISO9001 , when a controlled record is required in a process ?
For example , I face in many companies that the Purchase order do not hold reference and revision number and is not included in the list of controlled forms or records . is it permissible ?

atitheya

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: When contolled records are required ?

Where does it say that only 21 specified records are to be controlled? At least not in 4.2.4 - Control of Records.

All records being used must be controlled.

If you are using a purchase order, it also provides evidence of conformity to requirements and of the effective operation, and therefore must be controlled.

Similarily, all documents used in your Quality Management System must be controlled (as specified in your QMS) and hence the reference / revision number of purchase order form / format.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: When contolled records are required ?

During my audits, I am facing with the following :
besides the 21 records required by ISO9001, when a controlled record is required in a process ?
For example, I face in many companies that the Purchase order do not hold reference and revision number and is not included in the list of controlled forms or records. is it permissible ?

If additional documents and/or records are necessary for your quality management system, develop/implement them, and control them.

Simple rule: if you keep it, control it...;)

Where does it say that only 21 specified records are to be controlled? At least not in 4.2.4 - Control of Records.

All records being used must be controlled.

If you are using a purchase order, it also provides evidence of conformity to requirements and of the effective operation, and therefore must be controlled.

Similarily, all documents used in your Quality Management System must be controlled (as specified in your QMS) and hence the reference / revision number of purchase order form / format.

Parag,

Excellent response! :applause:

Stijloor.

Top Bottom