When do you need to control records of Purchase Orders?

M

mlaurie

This is not a reply but a question. I?m 3 wks. away from AS9100 stage 1 audit!!
Does a PO need control #? How can I control the Rev level change to the ?PO requirements? (listed at the bottom) without control #?
Mike in fl

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
Re: When do you need to control records? Purchase Orders

Does a PO need control #? How can I control the Rev level change to the ?PO requirements? (listed at the bottom) without control #?
Mike in fl

There is no requirement for a record to have a control # on it, or for them to be under revision control. Your document or record control procedures should already describe how this is done. At a minimum, records should be legible, readily identifiable and retrievable.

Brian :rolleyes:

K

kgott

Re: When contolled records are required ?

If additional documents and/or records are necessary for your quality management system, develop/implement them, and control them.

Simple rule: if you keep it, control it...;)

Parag,

Excellent response! :applause:

Stijloor.

I think a far better way to go with controlling documents is to apply a rule of thumb - if it is subject to revision control it.

The concept of control does get a little complicated wehn we take into account that control is also about having the document where its needed and knowing where a document is.

With regard to records, I cannot see any value in a 'if it moves keep it' approach. To my way of thinking, apart form those records stated in 9001, unless there is a good reason to keep it then ditch it.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Re: When contolled records are required ?

This is now moved to AS9100 subforum from its original post as a new thread and the quote in post #3 above comes from that thread. Moved for better response from AS9100 experts.

Last edited:

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Mike in fl

If your question is related to records - the answer is no but accounting will have their reason for keeping track of the "PO Number"

If you are talking about the internal document (Template that you need to control (if it is not done electronically) the the answer is yes... (AS9100 C - 4.2.3)

Let us know what is the purpose of you wanting to track a PO...:confused:

How can I control the Rev level change to the ?PO requirements? (listed at the bottom) without control #?
Mike in fl

Can you let us know what you wrote down on your procedures?

rickpaul01

Involved in HankyPanky
The PO number is the record number. If you change the PO, there is probably a good reason. You'll want to document that reason, ex: 09/24/2012 - corrected price. $1/Ft -> $1/Meter

Top Bottom