Quality Alert - Looking for a sample form

B

Bluebluesman

I am about to develop a Quality Alert form. This is purely to advise people across the business of an issue. Simple as that. Does any one have a similar form. I am not one to reinvent the wheel, but will add our own brand.
Regards - Ray:thanx:

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Quality Alert

I am about to develop a Quality Alert form. This is purely to advise people across the business of an issue. Simple as that. Does any one have a similar form. I am not one to reinvent the wheel, but will add our own brand.
Regards - Ray:thanx:

Do you mean Non Conformity Report? I think you should use what you established in your related procedure:bigwave:

B

Bluebluesman

Hi Qusys. In our case this is not used for non conformity, we have an established process which covers that. This is simply to communicate a quality issue / possible concern across the business to prompt a response.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

Hi Qusys. In our case this is not used for non conformity, we have an established process which covers that. This is simply to communicate a quality issue / possible concern across the business to prompt a response.

Hi.
in this case it seems to me more a preventive action as per what you said.
Not having additional detail, I would suggest to consider in this quality issue alert a sort of risk analysis of the possible lost in case of the issue, cost and benefit to implement the preventive action as well. Howver , from QMS point of view, this kind of item should be an input to mgmt review too. Hope this helps:bigwave:

QMMike

Involved In Discussions
Here is what we use. I like to keep these simple, and include pictures as well...
I actually log these as either customer initiated or internally initiated. Then I use this log as a "Minor Customer Complaint" log. These are for minor complaints that customers may have that do not result in rejection or return of any product. Also use this as a means to notify departments of specific changes. Quality creates them, reviews with production supervisors, then production supervisors review the QA (train) all employees that this QA may affect and document this in the training logs.

Attachments

• QA9002 - 3071 packaging.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,598
Last edited:
J

JaxQC

While they are all good examples, I’d point out a couple things possible consideration.
  • What the problem is (detailed, pictures, cause if known)
  • What you want me to do about it (fix it, stop production, gage something)
  • Start (effective date)
  • End date ( I would avoid using one without an expiration date since if it is important, it should then become part of the permanent records. ie…a visual aid, work instruction, control plan or such. The Quality alert should be used to bring attention to a change to normal operations or actions outside the normal quality checks. Not just another billboard)
  • Signoff – preferably by the operators in the area affected. One copy gets posted and another, with the training sheet on the back, gets signed. Perhaps more for ownership by the folks being trained and awareness than anything.

R

RConstruct

While they are all good examples, I’d point out a couple things possible consideration.
  • What the problem is (detailed, pictures, cause if known)
  • What you want me to do about it (fix it, stop production, gage something)
  • Start (effective date)
  • End date ( I would avoid using one without an expiration date since if it is important, it should then become part of the permanent records. ie…a visual aid, work instruction, control plan or such. The Quality alert should be used to bring attention to a change to normal operations or actions outside the normal quality checks. Not just another billboard)
  • Signoff – preferably by the operators in the area affected. One copy gets posted and another, with the training sheet on the back, gets signed. Perhaps more for ownership by the folks being trained and awareness than anything.

I do something similar to this.
Rules I adhere to include keeping the Quality Alert to a single page, and giving ownership to supervisors out on the floor by giving them the authorization to cancel a Quality Alert at any time.
The essence of a Quality Alert is to raise awareness to a defect or non-conformance that affects the quality of our product or processes until a formal corrective action can be developed. This formal corrective action being additional training with sign off and/or updating of the work instruction, etc.

Top Bottom