Gemba - Morning Markets - Lean program called Gemba Morning markets

• Thread starter pritishh - 2011
  • Start date
P

pritishh - 2011

Hi,
I am planning to startup a Lean program called Gemba Morning markets in the shop floor. The reason i want to start this is because lot of quality problems on our products are not addressed to the higherlevel and we have the same problems on the products all the time. So i thought finding out the root cause of these problems is one way t o approach it and I came across this Gemba morning markets Lean tool. I would really appreciate if someone who has implemented it can help me with the implentation process on the shop floor.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Pritish

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: Gemba- Morning Markets

This sounds interesting. Does anyone have experience with this or something similar?

S

S Johnson

I haven't worked with that process, but Masaaki Imai outlines it in his book "Gemba Kaizen". It sounds like a great way to visualize the problem and quickly address root causes. You can pull up the book online in Google Books. If anyone has used it, I would love to hear about your experiences.

P

pritishh - 2011

Well i just had meeting with the shop floor operators and the supervisors and decided to go ahead with this morning market program. I have attached the quality report template and a brief summary below. Any comments or questions is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Quality Control Program Lean blog Revised.doc
    37.5 KB · Views: 573
  • Morning Market Report.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 452
Any comments or questions is appreciated. Thanks.
Only that I would like to hear about your progress, and wish you good luck. :agree1: We are also in the starting blocks for this (We just call them Morning meetings) as a step in our WCOM, World Class Operations Management programme.

/Claes

S

sulkinsf

I have attached the quality report template and a brief summary below. Any comments or questions is appreciated. Thanks.

The morning market report looks like an 8D. Seems like it would be redundant with existing ISO corrective action processes.

Do I understand that your existing defect reduction program doesnt work and you are adding this on top?I wouldn’t want this process to substitute (or even run parallel) with an ISO corrective action process.

I wonder if that is really what a “Gemba Market Walk” is?

Or are you thinking about a Gemba walk? This is were a cross functional group walks the floor looking for existing or potential sources for the 7 wastes.

Steve

C

charliekh

It is a good way to foucus and fix problems, which need all employees involvement, but the most important is the action. Hope to hear you good news, go ahead!

K

kover_cn

Hi, all;

I have a question, the problems in the morning market are usually very "small" issue :(, could be a small mistake such as part missing, or forget to weld a specific point, it seems to be solved in 10 min. and occured once or twice per year, how to handle this kind of issue?

P

pritishh - 2011

Hi Kover cn,
The main objective of the morning market is to address the problems and involve everyone in it. Generally 70% of the problems that occur in a plant falls in the smaller issue category like operator error, parts missing etc... and there is no permanent solution for it as humans are bound to make those mistakes. The rest 20 - 30 % problems is where this program can help earn big bucks for the company. So even if its a small issue like u said the goal is to keep a track of the problems and always stay on top of it to make sure the problem does not reoccur....

Top Bottom