What's it like in your town?

G

Greg B

Hi all,

I had a PM from Wallace in Canada and decided to send him the Web address for my local area, after he asked a question about my region. It then occured to me that many other 'Covers' may have websites for their local area and it would be good to see where you all lived.
I have seen a lot of the photos from the '14th December' thread and while they are insightful, this would shed a whole new light on our reduced world here in the web environment. We cover such a diverse area both culturally and geographically (USA, Canada, Sweden, Britain, China, Australia, India and many, many more.)I thought it may be interesting

http://www.rockhampton.qld.gov.au/rockhampton.htm

I look forward to your responses.
(I hope they are all in english for us poor uneducated Anglos :lol: )

Greg B

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Hmmm...let's see...I live in Guelph, Ontario...but work in Cambridge, Ontario...and spend a fair amount of time in Campbellville/Milton, Ontario. Grew up in Scarborough, Ontario and Blind River, Ontario...went to high school in Burlington, Ontario...and university in Ottawa, Ontario (Canada's capital). Can be found occasionally in downtown Toronto, Ontario (Ontario's capital). Need to rummage through some links and photos to find something nice to post.

Hey, Wallace...Beamsville is awesome! East Dell Estates rocks! They're my favourite Ontario vintner. Since their contribution to the LCBO is limited, I tend to go to the source to refill my wine cellar...not uncommon for me to walk out with 20+ bottles of wine. I tend to go there about once a quarter...and their bistro is so amazing! A nice rotating seasonal menu. And you can walk amongst the grapes and through the woods (they've got a lovely grove of walnut trees).

M

mshell

Very small, we have one store (if you blink, you will miss it). Nice safe place to raise children.

Top Bottom