Holiday Season 2014 - Giving to others

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
We are in December. This is traditionally recognized as a time to give to others. That may be giving at the Red Kettle for the Salvation Army, giving to food banks, just getting that new high-demand toy for your kid, giving time at a soup kitchen, or a thousand other ways.

While this is the traditional time, many give more than in December. Many give anytime or even all year.

Over the decades I have come to know that the real joy in giving comes from giving for someone who cannot do for themselves, and being humbled at the true effect that has.

Please share how you give, if you are comfortable. Hopefully that will encourage others here. Perhaps someone wants to give and is at a loss how, and what you do may help give them a way. If you know how it may have affected someone, please feel free to share that also. Not to blow your own horn, so to speak, but so others can know that giving truly does make a difference in a life. I will share below, but want others to share also.

Laura and I give Teddy Bears every month to Law Enforcement for children in distress. The feedback we have received at once rips our hearts out and humbles us, that something so simple as giving a Teddy Bear makes a difference in the life of a child.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: Giving to others

Moving gave us a chance to give a whole bunch of stuff to people who need it. Jeff put an ad on Craigs list and a nice young couple came and happily took away our easy chairs and other pieces of furniture for their new place. A bunch of nice coats went to an area shelter. I had a bunch of new Beanie Babies that also went to the shelter, little kids need a stuffie to hug sometimes.

S

Spazz

Re: Giving to others

I have always found that the most rewarding gift I can give is my time and my energy through the privilege of volunteering.

But I also want to take this opportunity to thank all the members of this forum who regularly give their advice and to Marc for giving us a space for that to happen.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Randy

Super Moderator
Traditionally for many years I would give out a traffic ticket or 2 on Christmas morning:lol: , but for the last 40 years or so I have been participating in the Marine Corps Toys-for Tot's drive

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Its in giving that we receive the most blessings. Most of all I would like to commend the members of the Cove Community for giving their wealth of information for the questions that at being asked in the forum. Thank you. Merry Christmas and a very prosperous New Year.

Top Bottom