MSA Tools - Excel templates for doing the Linearity & Bias, & Stability Studies

Courier

another day closer
I use Excel for doing Gage R&R because our Procedures say so, but was woundering if anybody had excel templets I could have for doing the Linearity & Bias, & Stability Study's. I use Minitab for making studys for Linearity & Bias, & Stability charts now. :thanks:

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
I would start by asking why your procedures specify the use of EXCEL? :confused: Excel and Minitab are just tools for making the calculations - as long as the formulas are correct, why would it matter that you must use EXCEL...unless of course your company is owned by Bill Gates. Perhaps the solution you need is to have the procedural requirements changed?

Courier

another day closer
Thanks for your reply, but I Didnt make the procedure nor am I going to change it. I just have to follow it. We are close to a Audit at this time.

Caster

An Early Cover
Trusted Information Resource
Try this

Courier said:
I use Excel for doing Gage R&R because our Procedures say so, but was woundering if anybody had excel templets I could have for doing the Linearity & Bias, & Stability Study's. I use Minitab for making studys for Linearity & Bias, & Stability charts now. :thanks:
Here is an Excel file for Linearity & bias. Interestingly, we have moved from Excel to Mintab....any reason you need or want to stay with Excel?

Caution on this spreadsheet - please validate for yourself that it is correct.

Caster

Attachments

• 200 mm Caliper Bias and Linearity.xls
    200.5 KB · Views: 5,000

Courier

another day closer
Yes thank you for the file, i didnt want to change our procedures right before a audit is all. thanks again.

S

smeegus

Courier,

Here is an Excel sheet for Stability. I agree with the above comments about changing the procedures. We used to have a similar procedure and the "excel" portion of the procedure was just for standardization, our procedures double as work instructions in some cases because they are in flow chart form. We have since changed the wording on the procedure and now allow employees the freedom to choose which program (tool) is best for their application. The Problem with an Excel template is that it tends not to be flexible. Hope this form helps.

Attachments

• stability.xls
    23 KB · Views: 3,289
C

cokyat

I've been conducting MSA for Attributes through GR&R in my company for a year, yet I still feel something is not properly done conducting the GR&R.I would like to ask if you can share with me some tips in conducting the GR&R Attribute? is this correct:

BIAS TOWARDS REJECTION: TOTAL# PARTS-#FALSE ALARMS/TOTAL#PARTS
BIAS TOWARS ACCEPTANCE:TOTAL# PARTS-#MISS/TOTAL#PARTS

:thanks:

M

mam

re.: stability.xls file.

good file.

Note:
slight error in the RUCL calculation. range - upper control limit...
use Rbar in place of R in the formula.

tanks.

E

edubry

good evening could could help me, how to start and conduct studies Linearity & Bias, & Stability, if possible an excel spreadsheet, thanks, greetings from mexico

Top Bottom