Tosebo as of April 2010

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
This is everything I know at this time:

The Tosebo .org web site.
The Tosebo .com web site.
Tosebo Pictures on Flickr
More Tosebo Pictures - These are pictures and scans people sent me some years back.
Tosebo on Facebook
Some early correspondence with Robert Hausser

I did a page here about 8 years ago when I was scanning in pictures and stuff. As in cleaning out the closet, so to speak. I didn't destroy the prints, I was just scanning a lot of my "important" pictures. Anyway, as I did so I took the obligatory trip down memory lane. You might simply call it Reminiscing. A few pictures from Tosebo were in one of my boxes of pictures (man, am I a happy camper having everything on memory cards and my hard drive in this brave, new world!). Bottom line is Tosebo tickled my "Happy Times" "Leave It To Beaver" trigger and I wrote up this page (which is full of plagiarism): Camp Tosebo!

So - That's it folks. It's April 2010.

BTW - Even if you've never heard of Tosebo, it is now a very nice place to vacation. See the Tosebo .com web site for current information.

B

black magic

Hey, Marc. I'm just now getting around to posting here--don't want to rush into these things.

Marc

Leader
Have you been to the Tosebo site or to the actual "camp" in a while? They've done wonders renovating it.

B

black magic

The site yes, the camp no. It's astonishing to me that Wallace was able to find the original truck. The fact that it hadn't been crushed into a block is darn near a miracle. And restored, it looks better than it did in the days when it wore out our butts bumping down various unpaved roads!

Marc

Leader
Yeah - I get sorta nostalgic about it all at times. That's why I started this Tosebo sub-forum years ago (back when this web site was a hobby).

I haven't been up to the old camp since they have restored it, but I really would like to. I've corresponded with them on and off over the years, and a few years back I even booked a few days but had to cancel. It's such a long drive and it's so hard for me to get away I just haven't made it.

B

black magic

You know, I can't for the life of me remember Wallace. I've checked out his picture when he was a Chief and I just can't place him. And in e-mail exchanges I get the feeling he remembers me, which makes it even worse. I remember all sorts of people, including you, but he's a cipher to me. There are also names I remember, but can't place 'em with faces. Even so, you and Wallace and Running Deer have combined to refresh many memories. I told Hausser I didn't remember that Gold Rush deal he credited me with. I assume he's got it right, but I still really have no memory of it. I recall what Hausser said about it, of course. Strange how memory works.

Funny, judging by the looks of it, I'm about the only Tosebo poster currently active. Throughout the years I've said countless times: "those were the best five summers of my life."

Marc

Leader
Yeah - A lady friend of mine who I knew in high school and I chat quite a bit and she remembers stuff - People, places, events - That I have absolutely no memory of. Sometimes it's hard for me to believe she remembers all the details she remembers. She even remembers her grade school teachers.

Yeah - No one has posted here in a long time, but I didn't expect them to. Like I say - I set this sub-forum up a long time ago and fellows who went to Tosebo is such a small group (and getting smaller) that it's not surprising. But, none the less - There are a few interesting posts from over the years. One never knows who might find it.

At one time I started a list of people but I handed that over to the folks that bought the old camp to maintain and do with what they wanted.

B

black magic

Well, it's made for good reading. Even though I'm about a decade late. LOL. And I see that Hausser shared some of my e-mails to him. BTW, have you got a current eaddy for Hausser? I'd like to reconnect with him if possible.

Top Bottom