OHSAS 18001 - Where can I get sample OHSAS 18001 Manual

N

neelayavalasa

Hai I am Suresh. The Management has given responsibility to implement OHSAS 18001:2007. I am preparing OHSAS manual. I need help from the experts.

Suresh Raj:agree:

Where can I get sample manuals of OHSAS

Suresh Raj

N

neelayavalasa

Re: Where can I get sample manuals of OHSAS

Hello Mr Marc

Thank you for helping me in finding OHSAS sample manual. I got the information that I am searching for.

Basically I am a science graduate working in Lead Acid Battery group as manager QA.

Thanks

N. Suresh Raj

Henria

OSH Officer
Hi Neelayavalasa !

Some question: in the OHSMS British standard (BS OHSAS 18001) where is the requirement to create an OHS management manual ?

Salutations.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi Neelayavalasa !

Some question: in the OHSMS British standard (BS OHSAS 18001) where is the requirement to create an OHS management manual ?

Salutations.

The documents required by OHSAS 18001 can be combined in a manual.

Stijloor.

Henria

OSH Officer
Hi Stijloor ! Fine ?

In BS OHSAS 18001 or ILO-OSH there is no requirement* to create an OHS management manual (same regarding ISO 14001).

To my opinion il we share the management system documentation with IT supports (intranet of the company), the basic arborescence or the few first pages of this intranet part replaces "naturally" this not formally required manual. It's more relevent and efficient. No?

* Only ISO 9001 requires really a (Quality) management manual.

Bye.

angelswerkz

Starting to get Involved
Re: Where can I get sample manuals of OHSAS

Hi, I am the HSE personnel at my workplace. Do you have a sample on the OHSMS? Thanks a million.

angelswerkz

Starting to get Involved
Thanks for the information, actually I have to set up a safety management system. The 14 elements for documentation for auditing.

1. Safety policy & organisation
2. Safe work procedure
3. Safety Training
4. Groups meeting
5. Accident & incident investigations
6. In-house safety rules and regulation
7. Safety promotion
8. Evaluation selection and control of contractors
9.Safety inspection
10. Maintainance regime
11. Hazard analysis
12. Use of hazardous materials
13. emergency preparedness
14.Occupational health programme

Can this Safety Management System be for OHSAS auditing? Or there are other elements needed. I have set up a filing system for this. My apologies for my confusion.

S

samsung

Thanks for the information, actually I have to set up a safety management system. The 14 elements for documentation for auditing.

1. Safety policy & organisation
2. Safe work procedure
3. Safety Training
4. Groups meeting
5. Accident & incident investigations
6. In-house safety rules and regulation
7. Safety promotion
8. Evaluation selection and control of contractors
9.Safety inspection
10. Maintainance regime
11. Hazard analysis
12. Use of hazardous materials
13. emergency preparedness
14.Occupational health programme

Can this Safety Management System be for OHSAS auditing? Or there are other elements needed. I have set up a filing system for this. My apologies for my confusion.

Hi angelswerkz ! Welcome to the Cove.

Please specify what precisely are you looking for. Do you need sample procedures on each of the 14 elements you mentioned above? Meanwhile you can find a lot of information & insight on OHS documentation here.

Hope the linked site helps you to create your site specific documentation.

angelswerkz

Starting to get Involved
Hi Samsung,
Thanks for the link. I was asked to setup the OHSAS documentation as SS506 for the logistics company I work for. I needed the sample for all the elements needed or to say the filing system. My company is looking forward to attain the OHSAS. My apologies for not being clear. Thank you and regards.

Top Bottom