IEC 60601-1-12 Ed 1 - Information relating to this collateral standard

J

johnq98

Does anyone have information relating to this collateral standard? It relates to medical device (hospital based) safety. I'm trying to purchase a copy.

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
Re: IEC 60601-1-12 Ed 1

What kind of information do you want? You can see the table of contents on the IEC webstore website.

J

johnq98

Re: IEC 60601-1-12 Ed 1

I typically purchase standards from Techstreet but when I went to purchase this standard all that was available was the draft version. I found a ed 1 at the IEC website but their cost was in swiss francs. Where else can I get a copy?

S

SteveK

Woops! My mistake - it is EN 60601-2-12 that is available. EN 60601-1-12 seems also only available at the BSI site where I get my standards.

Steve

Pads38

Just to clarify:

IEC 60601-1-12:2014 was published on the 19th of this month.
Medical electrical equipment - Part 1-12: General requirements for basic safety and essential performance - Collateral Standard: Requirements for medical electrical equipment and medical electrical systems intended for use in the emergency medical services environment

It is available here:
http://webstore.iec.ch/Webstore/webstore.nsf/ArtNum_PK/49789?OpenDocument

patmelad

Starting to get Involved
If you have a CB Certificate showing that you comply to the 60601-1 standard, does that mean you also comply with 60601-1-12 as well?

Bryce_S

Registered
If you have a CB Certificate showing that you comply to the 60601-1 standard, does that mean you also comply with 60601-1-12 as well?

@Pat, No, it will not automatically mean compliance to -1-12. Only if the CBTL has actually applied -1-12 and it's listed in the CB report/cert.

Top Bottom