Any Zorpia Users Here?

P

PaulJSmith

I received a request over the weekend from an old friend, a former booking agent of mine from the '80s, to join him on Zorpia. While I've heard of it, I really know nothing about it. Does anyone here use it? Opinions to share? Just curious.

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
I received a request over the weekend from an old friend, a former booking agent of mine from the '80s, to join him on Zorpia. While I've heard of it, I really know nothing about it. Does anyone here use it? Opinions to share? Just curious.

I used it while I was living in Japan for a short time. It's popular in that area of the world (mostly China and India). I remember it being absolutely chock-full of spam. I was told that it was approved for use in China which leads me to believe that any assurances of moderate privacy are non-existent.

If you do sign up, use a shell account with fake name. Do NOT use any real, personal information whatsoever.

P

PaulJSmith

Oh, I have absolutely no intention of joining. I can barely maintain my presence on Facebook. I already have a Linked-In account I never use. I have no desire to have yet another social network to eat up time better spent elsewhere.

I have heard many of the same things about Zorpia that you've mentioned, which is why I was wondering if the scuttle is true. Thanks.

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Oh, I have absolutely no intention of joining. I can barely maintain my presence on Facebook. I already have a Linked-In account I never use. I have no desire to have yet another social network to eat up time better spent elsewhere.

I have heard many of the same things about Zorpia that you've mentioned, which is why I was wondering if the scuttle is true. Thanks.

Yep. Much like facebook, the main reason why I used Zorpia was because it was the chosen form of communication for most of my friends. If I wanted to be in the loop, I had to join.

I do not have a facebook account any more, incidentally. Once people realize this, they get a hold of me using other methods!

Top Bottom