Process Description form

S

selena15

hi everybody,

I'm new here and i hope to share with you my questions and knowledge as well :D.

i got some questions after an argue with one colleague :mad:

1- i propose one process sheet with the items mandatory by the ISO. and he told me that as well as i mentioned the Quality indicators ( as the % satisfaction of costumer) i should show in the process description sheet, the periodicity of calculation of these indicators!.

i replied that it is showed in the forms or procedure or what ever forms where the indicators of the objectives of quality is descripted.

who is wrong here? is it mandatory or just additional information that is nice to show ?

2- for me; the description of relations between the different process are not mentioned in the process description sheet. but he told me that it should show them!!!. For me, these kind of connexion are showed in the process map and in theQA manual, not into each process description sheet. please correct me if i'm wrong ? :confused:

3- the management of quality is one of the managment process not operationnel or support one as i inderstood from my previous work . but once again, he told me that noooooooo and it is a support one !!!:mg:

please i need to be fixed about these point .

thanks in advance

selena

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
I have moved your post to the "business" side of the forum from the how to use the forums threads to give it better exposure.

S

selena15

what i m expected to do in these case and where can i found the business side ??
sorry for :confused:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
what i m expected to do in these case and where can i found the business side ??
sorry for :confused:

Hello Selena,

The "business side" (slang) meaning, where the actual participant discussion threads are located. The threads other than the ones where Marc (the Owner of this site) explains how to use the Forum.

Hope this helps? :)

Stijloor.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello Selena,

Welcome to The Cove Forums! :bigwave:

I will try to respond to your concerns. I assume that you are pursuing ISO 9001:2000 certification? If not; or a different Standard, let us know.

hi everybody,

I'm new here and i hope to share with you my questions and knowledge as well :D.

i got some questions after an argue with one colleague :mad:

1- i propose one process sheet with the items mandatory by the ISO. and he told me that as well as i mentioned the Quality indicators ( as the % satisfaction of costumer) i should show in the process description sheet, the periodicity of calculation of these indicators!.

i replied that it is showed in the forms or procedure or what ever forms where the indicators of the objectives of quality is descripted.

who is wrong here? is it mandatory or just additional information that is nice to show ?

It is not specified in the Standard how and where the process objectives and associated measurements/results should be documented. That is up to you.

2- for me; the description of relations between the different process are not mentioned in the process description sheet. but he told me that it should show them!!!. For me, these kind of connexion are showed in the process map and in theQA manual, not into each process description sheet. please correct me if i'm wrong ? :confused:

Depending on the complexity of your quality management system and its processes, the interaction between the processes can be shown in one process map. That map can be included in the Quality Manual. Process Maps for individual processes can be developed and attached/included in the process documentation. Again, that's your choice.

3- the management of quality is one of the management process not operationnel or support one as i inderstood from my previous work . but once again, he told me that noooooooo and it is a support one !!!:mg:

The Standard does not require classification/naming of process types or groups. You can call them whatever you want. As long as it makes sense to the folks in your organization, it is fine.

please i need to be fixed about these point .

thanks in advance

selena

I hope this helps somewhat. If not, please do come back.

Stijloor.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Hello Selena,

It is not specified in the Standard how and where the process objectives and associated measurements/results should be documented. That is up to you.
Depending on the complexity of your quality management system and its processes, the interaction between the processes can be shown in one process map. That map can be included in the Quality Manual. Process Maps for individual processes can be developed and attached/included in the process documentation. Again, that's your choice.

The Standard does not require classification/naming of process types or groups. You can call them whatever you want. As long as it makes sense to the folks in your organization, it is fine.

I hope this helps somewhat. If not, please do come back.

Stijloor.

Thanks Stijloor, I tried to reply with pretty much the same information yesterday, but my computer was acting up. Selena, if your company has not sent you out for training yet, or brought someone in, you should investigate the possiblilities. Getting started can be tough, but keep coming back here, people will try their best to help you.

S

selena15

Hi everybody and thank you for help and sorry for the late.:(
I didn’t make attention where I put my post; thanks for to correct the location Steelmaidan :eek::tg:
In order to give you overview f my company: we aren’t seeking of certification for some specific consideration related of our activity but we want to deploy the ISO guidelines. In this way, we try to identify and descript our process.
We are a multinational; and as you expect; we got several activity so in my opinion we need macro process in order to clarify all items of our work. We are in the step where we identify our map of process, and as you know there are 3 kind of process: management; operational and support.
- Our argue was about the fact that the Management of quality is management process and not support one. The deal was not to name into the process map the different process that we have but just to identify which type are the management quality support.
- according what you said Stijloor; it is not mandatory anywhere to notify into the individual process description the objective or measurement.
The disagree was about what we should notify into the individual description process. When I saw my proposal of the SMQ process where I put as indicator of these process: the customer claim rate; he said that I should also notify the measurement that I use for these indicator! For me it in not mandatory and also it is normally notify into the indicators board. And also in order to make it easy and not repetitive I told him that as well as it is notify into the procedure where the indicators is notify or whatever, it would be enough to notify its location. Is it ok do you think?

Top Bottom