Conducting an Energy Usage Audit - Seeking template or form

T

Toefuzz - 2006

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread, but figured it might prove valuable for anyone who deals with an ISO 14001 policy.

Given the rising costs of energy (electricity and gas) and constant demand for price decreases from customers it seems like an energy usage audit might be a rather beneficial study. Our local manufacturing association met earlier tonight and heard from a company who sells natural gas and performs these audits for their customers. Unfortunately we aren't their customer but I could certainly see how the savings could really add up.

My question for ya'll is, does anyone have a template or form for conducting an energy audit? I'm concerned with three primary areas: lighting, compressed air, and the natural gas required to heat my paint/powder ovens. It seems like this should be a pretty basic thing (calculate number of each type of light used, amount of power used by each light, time lights are on, etc) so I am hoping I don't have to recreate the wheel.

Thought/Comments?

T

tarheels4 - 2007

Here are a couple of files that might be useful. Also the department of Energy funds Industrial Assessment Centers throughout the US. The mission is to do free energy assessments at manufacturing sites with fewer than 500 employees. They also have a database with case studies for the 100s of projects that have been done. There is an IAC in Ann Arbor at the U of M.

Attachments

• Energy-water calc.xls
    186 KB · Views: 611
  • GeneralEnergy.pdf
    69.6 KB · Views: 465
  • lean-eee.doc
    196.5 KB · Views: 649

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Try your local utility company, they'll probably do the audit for nothing or next to nothing.

Top Bottom