Lead acid Batteries inside DG set acoustic enclosure - What Hazard and Risk and how ?

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Is locating the Leadacid batteries within the DG set acoustic enclosure a standard practice? What are the hazards and Risks in this. The acoustic enclosure is one of the best ventilated chamber as air change is multifold.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Lead acid Batteries inside DG set acoustic enclosure - What Hazard and Risk and h

'Bump' - Can anyone help with this? My Thanks in advance!

A

arios

Re: Lead acid Batteries inside DG set acoustic enclosure - What Hazard and Risk and h

Is this a Medical Device?

Dear Somashekar,

I would expect your DG set manufacturer to give you maintenance free battery; in that case I do not expect any major risk. If the battery has to be maintained, then one should take care of handling acid (sulphuric). These are as risky as the batteries used in cars in India. From the environmental angle, the disposal of the used battery is an issue to be addressed; spillage of sulphuric acid during maintenance is another issue that may be considered for prevention. I do not expect a major explosion involving these batteries as the battery technology as well as the charging technology presently available take care of this issue.

Have I missed any point ? Do you have any apprehension which I have not considered ?

With kind regards,

Ramakrishnan

somashekar

Leader
Admin

Is this a Medical Device?
No Sir.
This is about identification of hazards and risks in locating the lead acid batteries of Diesel Generator set within its acoustic enclosure, and universally if this is a standard practice.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

................... and universally if this is a standard practice.

I guess so. I use a lot of these as well as air-compressors of Japanese, European and American make. All of them do it this way.

Top Bottom