Hampel's Test for Outliers and Swed Eisenhart Run Test

G

gcpa81

Can someone guide me as to how these two tests are done, I am doing initial capability study and have to document these two tests as well. Any info about them would be of great help. Thanks in advance.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
You can find Hampel's Test for Outliers here in section 2.2.3. It is a very straightforward test.

Swed and Eisenhart's run test may be found here.

I question why you want to perform these tests over the standard use of a control chart to assess stability prior to capability. The extended rules perform similar tests to the Swed and Eisenhart approach and a point outside the control limits is similar to Hampel's test.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gcpa81

Thanks for your help with the information.
Answering your question - I have been given a list of tests that I need to document by my manager saying that it is a requirement of VW standards for machine capability study.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Thanks for your help with the information.
Answering your question - I have been given a list of tests that I need to document by my manager saying that it is a requirement of VW standards for machine capability study.

Interesting....... Did your Manager show you the VW specific requirements? There are various techniques to perform a capability study. Many threads and posts here at The Cove Forums about capability studies. The good and the bad...;)

Stijloor.

Top Bottom