Corrective Actions Database in Access

M

maotao

Hello

Can anyone point me to a good access database that I can use for my corective actions ?
I read the forum and I see that many users are using access.
Thanks

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Corrective actions database

Welcome Maotao.

Just a bit of clarification - are you looking for a database that contain the various corrective actions that people made over time? One that you can get some ideas while coming out or formulating your own corrective actions?

Sunday

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Corrective actions database

Sunday Business Systems (the company I work for) makes affordable and effective corrective action database tools. Check out the links in my profile for a powerpoint presentation and free demo downloads.

Hope this helps.

A

alexoigres

Hello everybody

this is my first poste in this forum, I've been reading a lot of your comments and all of them are fantastic.

Right now I am in the same situation than Maotao, I'm looking for a Corrective Action Database in Access, to keepack of my corrective actions in a better way. I saw on file in one of this threats but its READ ONLY : (
I would like to see if someone can share one and i can used as a template.
Thank you
Alex

this is where I found the file: A Simple CA (Corrective Action) Database

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Here is one.
It can be used for corrective or preventive actions.
Andy, I have been trying and trying to make adaptations to this system - changes to the form, collects more data - and I just can't seem to manage it. Can you refer me to a tutorial that would help?

Q

QCAce

Andy, I have been trying and trying to make adaptations to this system - changes to the form, collects more data - and I just can't seem to manage it. Can you refer me to a tutorial that would help?

All,
I don't have a good tutorial for Access. A free forum website I found that was very helpful to me as I was learning Access is
www.utteraccess.com

Patricia Ravanello

Quite Involved in Discussions
There are some incredibly inventive, effective and efficient databases posted here, and it's great that people can share their knowledge and expertise.

I, too, have created an Action Item Database which tracks Corrective, Preventive and Continual Improvement Actions, and have posted some of the screen views below. It's very helpful at audit time when auditors ask questions like, "What Continual Improvement initiatives has the company undertaken since the last audit?"... You just pop up the database and output the Report that filters and lists all your action items by CA/PA or CI. Or "What is your Cost of Quality?" (see attachment 3) ... Senior Managers love it.

Attachment 1 - Action Item Database Switchboard illustrates the data entry page for Corrective Actions.

Attachment 2 - As with the others posted here, the database generates a record of the individual Action item.​

The other attachments are fairly self-explanatory, and are just Reports or Charts generated from the database. There are countless different ways of sorting and presenting the data.

While I can't post the actual database, I am sure these files can tremendously help someone wanting to create their own database.

Patricia Ravanello

Attachments

• Action Item Database Switchboard.pdf
    126.8 KB · Views: 1,504
  • Action Item Record.pdf
    24.4 KB · Views: 905
  • Cost of Quality Report.pdf
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,537
  • Management Review Minutes.pdf
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,815
  • Chart - Issues by Job Number.pdf
    21.6 KB · Views: 674