CE Marking for Mobile Air Compressors driven by a Diesel Engine

K

Kalimuthu

Dears,
I am currently working on a project. It is basically a air compressor driven by a normal diesel engine. It is a mobile unit. I am using an electronic controller which starts and stops the engine. Apart from start and stop the controller will monitor the pressure and temperature status of the compressor and the diesel engine and trips the engine in case of abnormality.

In my opinion this electronic controller is the only component that needs to be certified for CE under EMC directives. If I already have electronic controller CE marked, should I need to retest the total package for EMC?
If not required, what certificates I have to add in the TCF?

My other question is
Does a diesel engine contain any parts that need to be certified for EMC by the manufacturer?

Regards,
Kalimuthu C
:thanks:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Can any CE Mark experts help with this one? My Thanks in advance!

T

TamTom

Hello,

not an expert but here my guesses (under the point, that I'm not sure how your CE marking will be in total)

The total package must have at the end a CE marking, it goes absolutly with the EG requirements.

So for this you need a risk analyises for all components, so you can devide your equipment in the parts which are under EMC or not, but in my opion as long as the working of the machine can be influencec by EMC (for example the floor and which it stand is important, and can cause a failure in the control, I can not stop the machine).

The manufacture of the controller, quotes with the CE marking only that he has checked all risk and that he gives you an instruction under which circumstances you can use it, but you must check if you fulfill this.

Hope that helps.

TamTom

Top Bottom