Defining and Controlling External Documents (Documents of External Origin)

M

m.Ismail

HI

As we are a investee company for mother comapny ....They have their own ISO certificates … some time send us a forms to be use (To be implemented by our company) paraphrase this forms fashioned by them …..

Shall we can consider all this documents is External Documents

Thanks

harry

Trusted Information Resource
................. Shall we can consider all this documents is External Documents ....................

Does it fall under the definition of 4.2.3 f) ............... determined by the organization to be necessary for the planning and organization of the quality management system...................?

I would not worry much because such documents, whether delivered by hand, mail, fax or electronic mail are already controlled in one way or another (having date of origin and/or receipt, reference numbers, title, etc)

M

m.Ismail

My boss he understand that by adopt this document we have to replace our own document

Example: incident report ….. We have our own report

Which I think we do not have a right to add these documents to our System or replaced ….

somashekar

Leader
Admin
My boss he understand that by adopt this document we have to replace our own document

Example: incident report ….. We have our own report

Which I think we do not have a right to add these documents to our System or replaced ….
Hello Ismail.
If I understand you correctly, you are referring to some customer documents that when you complete becomes a record. The documents of external origin are different from the external documents that you mention.
Things like a purchase order, CAPA report that your customer uses and shares with you for completion of a process, supplier's certificate of test report or a calibration report are not the documents of external origin. They form part of your records.
For example the ISO9001:2008 standard itself can be one of your document of external origin.
Do come back if things are still not clear.

M

m.Ismail

Say for example:

X comapny is owned by Y Company .......

is any doucments (forms) Established by Y comapny ..... can say is external document to X comapny ...
Each company they have their own Management system

harry

Trusted Information Resource
First, you have to understand the arrangement and mechanism that operates between your organization and your mother company.

Your mother company 'out sourced' certain jobs to your organization. To demonstrate 'control' there would generally be some prescribe forms for you to fill in and return it to them for their information and records. Generally, you do keep copies of such forms for record purpose. If your system requires you to keep similar information, you may use this or if there are some differences, you may modify this to suit your use. In my opinion, these are part of contract (out sourced) requirements and not to be confused with external documents.

Top Bottom