Calibration Tags - External company applied their tags - Do I need to apply our tags

F

fregando

Hello everyone, I got a questions:
If calibration of a instrument has been done by an external company and they had placed their tags on the equipment; do I need to place also my internal tags?.
Thanks,

Fernando

G

Gert Sorensen

Re: calibration tags

Your calibration tags should include the unique number of the measuring equipment and the due date of calibration. If the external suppliers number has this information on the sticker then you don't need to replace it.

P

potdar

If calibration of a instrument has been done by an external company and they had placed their tags on the equipment; do I need to place also my internal tags?.
Thanks,

Fernando

If the outside tag enables the controller and the user to uniquely identify the instrument, its calibration status and calibration validity; you need not put an additional tag.

But if your QMS specifies that you will put your own tag, you have to.

R

Ramani

Internal ID sticker helps
1) As others hv mentioned help you clearly identify, trace it, trace it Cal status, Re-cal date
2) Uniformity in ID - Avoids confusion
3) Define your own "Re-calibration date-Frequency"
Many time the Frequency given by Cal Agency may not match your Cal frequency

Your own sticker on device helps
Regards

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Calibration Tags - External company applied their tages - Do I need to apply our tags

Thanks,

Fernando

As long as the tag from the external company contains all of your required information, there is no need to place your internal tag on the part.

I do not relabel anything that is calibrated by outside sources. I find they always contain all the information I need.

R

ralphsulser

Re: Calibration Tags - External company applied their tages - Do I need to apply our tags

As long as the tag from the external company contains all of your required information, there is no need to place your internal tag on the part.

I do not relabel anything that is calibrated by outside sources. I find they always contain all the information I need.

We do the same thing here and have since the place opened.

errhine

Involved - Posts
We relabel everything. We keep the original label on the original cert and even put our 'approved' cert on top of those. Our labels tend to last longer and won't smear, as far as printig out our own 'approved' cert, I think that last person had too much time on hand. At least our auditors really like it.

Top Bottom