PRI - NADCAP Certification requirement - AS9100 audit first before NADCAP audit?

J

Joy

Is it a requirement of PRI that the organisation need to complete AS9100 audit first before NADCAP audit?I checked the PRI site but could not locate anything on the subject.Can some one help with appropriate document?

Advance thanks.

P

Phiobi

Re: NADCAP Certification requirement

My understanding is that you don't "need" it but before each of my audits they ask quality system questions that you can only really pass if you have AS9100

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Is it a requirement of PRI that the organisation need to complete AS9100 audit first before NADCAP audit?I checked the PRI site but could not locate anything on the subject.Can some one help with appropriate document?

Advance thanks.
I believe that NADCAP requires organizations to demonstrate the existence of a basic QMS. This can be done by NADCAP assessing the organization against AC7004 (similar to AS9003). Alternatively, an ICOP recognized certified AS9100 system would suffice.

R

Rick Hart

If you do not have AS9100 certification, Nadcap will require an additional day onsite to perform a Quality Systems review. It is not as in-depth as a full blown AS audit, but PRI does charge quite a bit more per day than most accreditation services.

A

andygr

2 options:
1) AS9100 audit accredidation prior to them granting a certificate for the special process audit. I have seen where an audit gets "held" until the AS9100 is issued and received by PRI even though the audit is completed.
2) Add the day to your special process audit and the much abreviated QA system audit to the AC7004 checklist.
:2cents:

D

David Johnson

AS9100 is a prerequisit to Nadcap certifications for special processes, but there is an alternative AC7004. AC7004 is based on AS9003 but is phrased as a question checklist rather than "you shall" requirements typical of qms standards. AC7004 can only be audited by PRI whereas you can choose from multiple registrars for AS9100. I recommend AS9100 because it is more reputable and is more current with process-based methodology, risk management, customer service, and many other best practices not in AC7004.

If you are seeking Nadcap certification to any special process, you'd need a dated valid AS9100 certificate, or you could ask PRI to conduct their AC7004 audit even the day before the rest of the Nadcap audit.

Materials Testing Laboratories and Non-Destructive Testing Laboratories that are Independent Labs (not captive labs) need ISO 17025 as the prerequisit qms.

If you have other questions, let me know. David Johnson - see my profile for contact information.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mutton4u

Joy -

Go to the Nadcap website and find the link to eauditnet and register there. It is free. After you get registered: go to Resources > Documents > Public Documents you will find the requirements for becoming Nadcap accredited. There is a document "Nadcap Quality System Requirements" that will tell you what you need as far as 9100 vs AC7004. You will also find the different special processes listed with useful documents to a new Supplier. Plus there is a listing of contact information.

Hope this helps.

S

Sorin

1. You need to have your QMS certified (ISO or AS).

2. Either your registrar is NADCAP certified- and in that case if your QMS is AS9100 there is no problem or you take the AC7004 audit.

M

mutton4u

The registrar that you choose for your AS9100 must be registered on the OASIS website in order for your AS9100 quality certification to be accepted. If they are not, then you either need to change registrars or get AC7004 quality system accreditation. ISO alone is not accepted.

Go onto the PRI website and there is plenty of info there and a link to eAuditNet, which is the site that carries all the checklists and information. There is also a Nadcap meeting in October, in Pittsburgh. There is where suppliers and Primes get together and discuss the issues within each special process. Information is available on the PRI website, under Nadcap, meeting info.
There is also a mentoring program available to new suppliers wishing to get Nadcap accreditation.

Top Bottom